Where can I get fitted for shoes?

Options
Brans34
Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
I am New to running, and I'm not sure where to get fitted for good running shoes. I see everyone saying to go to a running store, but I don't know where to find one near me. Anyone know where there's a good one that will do the fitting, gait analysis, and whatever else is needed for that near Branson, Missouri? That's the closest town to me that may have an actual running store.

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what's in that part of Mo. The Ozarks Running Club might be able to point you in the right direction. They are on Facebook and have a website.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I googled "running shoes Branson, mo" and got a bunch of stores listed. Some are outlets like the Sketchers outlet but there seemed to be some other possibilities.
  • SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Can you get to Ridge Runner Sports, south of Springfield? They look like your best, closest option.
    All the outlets and factory stores in Branson, while they have a huge selection, are NOT going to be able to fit you properly.
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    http://www.ultramaxsports.com in Springfield has good reviews on Yelp
  • Brans34
    Options
    SBRRepeat wrote: »
    Can you get to Ridge Runner Sports, south of Springfield? They look like your best, closest option.
    All the outlets and factory stores in Branson, while they have a huge selection, are NOT going to be able to fit you properly.

That's kinda what I thought. I saw a lot of stores that have running shoes for sale, but didn't think they would actually be able to do a fitting, or running analysis. Thanks! Springfield isn't that far away...an hour or so.
  • Brans34
    Options
    Thanks for the info, everyone!
  • creasys_bean2011
    creasys_bean2011 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    To branch off from op question... when we want to get fitted for running shoes what should we look for? I mean there are a ton of shoe stores by me, but do I Google "getting fitted for running shoes"?
  • amackg
    amackg Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You need go to a running store they tell you what kind of shoe you need based on your foot and it's specific need then you try it on and run on a treadmill they video your feet them they watch out on slow motion to make sure it fits you properly and that your foot lands properly. It's a good idea to do this because if your foot doesn't lands properly you can be hurting yourself. Like your knees and ankles