just dx with celiacs, would love some recipes!

Options
Was having some GI issues recently - mostly GERD I thought, but my test results came back as Celiac's! It really caught me off guard, but it's really not a big deal. I know there are a lot of great alternatives out there to things that I LOVE (breads, noodles etc).

Would love some recipe's and alternative suggestions to my white flour carbs that I love so dearly :)

Replies

• victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    im surprised we have no people here with Celiacs!
  • Bcylab
    Bcylab Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I just joined. I am not Celiac, but my 9 year old daughter is. I could see what her favorite recipes are and share them with you.

We all in the house tend to eat more gluten free then we realize.

The transition can be hard with some things, but it is so much easier than it use to be.

My daughters favorite bread is made from Franz Bakery. I get it a the day old bread store less than at the regular store.

More and more things are gluten free and taste great.
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have celiac disease and, for me, the only thing I've replaced is white bread (I go for Udi's). Gluten free versions of things like pasta, cakes, bread, etc. have a ton of sugar, salt and fat in them to make up for the removal of white flour. I will have a brownie or cookie from a local gluten free bakery for special occasions, but for me, it's just easier to manage my weight without replacing those things. YMMV