NSV - throw away the scale

Options
melancholyjen
melancholyjen Posts: 28 Member
edited April 2015 in Success Stories
I've been up and down in weight since I was a kid. My highest and I can't believe I'm admitting this, was 185 in high school... a looooooong time ago. I was always active, even a four year varsity letterman in soccer, but didn't know anything about nutrition. By the time I was 20, my body was mostly happy at 140-143. I was skinny fat(ish).

Come to the last 11 years. I I've fluctuated between 130-155 throughout that time. Finally in the last two years, my body has settled around 139. I run, I do circuits and try to eat what I want in moderation (beer, pizza and cookies included!). I'd love to get back to 133-135, but if it happens, it happens. I'm more about trying to be happy in my skin and encourage BODY LOVE, no matter the size. This picture is an 11 year difference, same weight. 139. Keep going!!! (Hopefully the size is okay). 3p4oyhei0gct.jpg

Replies

• melancholyjen
    melancholyjen Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Edit: I probably should add that I'm 5'2.5 and I was a size 10/medium to the left and a size 4/s/xs now.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    <3
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this - it very clearly demonstrates the difference in our body, with the same weight, when you are exercising and taking care of yourself. A well adjusted outlook doesn't hurt either!
  • 4mricandy
    4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    looks like "still always on top!"
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Nice!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!