The Rapid Pulse

Replies

• Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    edited April 2015
    Look OP if you're serious about losing weight and getting into shape I will try to play nice and give you links to tried and true methods for not only reaching your goals but also to maintain them.

I will endeavor to be encouraging as you seem to respond to positive reinforcement as you perceive it.

Firstly this link is basically a whole package on how to reach said goals...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

This link is concerns primarily calorie and macro goals and figuring out your TDEE (it is found within the above link)...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets/p1

This link is an indispensable wealth of knowledge concerning a vast majority of topics related to weight-loss, fitness and diet, I also recommend joining the group...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/833026/important-posts-to-read/p1

Now if you actually take the time to read and digest the information that I have provided you with you will no doubt see the futility of fad diets and quick fixes.

I speak from personal experience, for when I first signed up here I was ignorant and impatient but thankfully people not unlike those that have responded to your thread pointed me in the right direction. This is my third account on here but I went from being overweight, unhealthy and despondent to fit and in control of my life, eating habits and lastly much wiser from heeding the advice of others.

ETA: Currently not accepting FR, sorry OP.

• ayannabayer
    ayannabayer Posts: 153 Member
    Maitria wrote: »
    What's the recipe for the pudding like? I don't want to follow the diet, but I am always trying to work more legumes in.

There's 3 puddings. One is a ginger fig, does a dark chocolate and that last one is mango. They all have chea seeds, coconut milk and you can turn them into smoothies if you don't like the texture. If you message me. I can send you the recipe
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    edited April 2015
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    I got this book from the library called "Slim Down Now" by Cynthia Sass and it seems very legit.

Ok I'll play, what seems "legit" about it ? What is the mechanism that causes weight loss and what is the advise for keeping it off once you lose it ? Please share

So I'm on day 4 of The Rapid Pulse & I've lost 5lbs. The idea is that you eat foods that will shred your waist line in no time. Pulses is a unique class of protein riches carbs and after the 4 days of HEALTHY DELICIOUS pudding. You spend the next 26 days including one serving of the suoershredders into your daily meals. You burn more fat, feel more full, & have more energy. In the end, the idea of her technique is to teach how to finally organize your meals blah blah. Get the book, its great. The meal plans are delicious. I just asked the question bc I wanted to know if anyone has/is trying it out too.

First off, congrats on your weight loss. Keep it up until your reach your goal and keep us posted along the way.

So here is where the marketing hype and the plain old truth of it all comes into play.
    Protein rich carbs. There are no, as in zero foods that contain any combination of protein, fats or carbs that somehow aid in fat loss.

Super shredders, is this authors marketing gimmick name for the foods she is recommending. Calling them super shredders does not make them do any shredding. You shred fat or lose fat by not eating food, not by eating special foods.

Burn more fat, have more energy. The only way to burn more fat is to use more fat by moving more, a foods energy is measured by calorie. No food is capable of giving you more calories then the calories it contains. It simple physics.

Teaching how to organize, yes this would be very helpful for most people, luckily MFP teaches exactly that but without the marketing gimmicks of supper shredders or needing to buy their puddings. It teaches us how to do it with every single food item available on this planet. Which is a pretty valuable skill to have.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »
    What's the recipe for the pudding like? I don't want to follow the diet, but I am always trying to work more legumes in.

There's 3 puddings. One is a ginger fig, does a dark chocolate and that last one is mango. They all have chea seeds, coconut milk and you can turn them into smoothies if you don't like the texture. If you message me. I can send you the recipe
    How does it feel to watch everyone eat their Easter family meals while you eat pudding?

I quite like this idea personally :smiley:
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member

How does it feel to watch everyone eat their Easter family meals while you eat pudding?

I lol'd pretty hard, I admit.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    I also like pudding which reminds me to place this link here as well...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/817188/iifym/p1

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    5c6f636e646ccd9f374a1fb98de73532.jpg

Here's the info on her diet. Do i think it's harmful? No.

So to that i say, if it makes it easier for you to portion control or build your meals go for it. But don't get so obsessed with the "rules" of the diet. Ultimately it's the calorie deficit that is important.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    rainbowbow wrote: »

So to that i say, if it makes it easier for you to portion control or build your meals go for it. But don't get so obsessed with the "rules" of the diet. Ultimately it's the calorie deficit that is important.

That chart is so stupid that I think reading it removed information from my brain.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member

That chart is so stupid that I think reading it removed information from my brain.

^This. And since when is spaghetti squash starchy?

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member

Umm hello? It has spaghetti in the name.

• rainbowbow

Oh, i didn't say it wasn't stupid. I just said it wasn't dangerous. :P
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    If you have to use such inane marketing for your diet it says a lot about what you think of your target audience.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

^This. And since when is spaghetti squash starchy?s

All I know is that having to think of those dumb wardrobe guidelines every meal would drive me insane. And it's so patronizing. Like I am a woman and finally someone has come up with a diet my dumb little clothing-obsessed brain can understand.

To top it off, it is completely worthless. Eating a serving of lentils and a serving of beets in the same meal isn't going to do anything bad to you! If you add carrots to your black bean soup, more power to you!

But really, this diet had me convinced at "bean puddings." That is all I needed to get to "nope."
  • evolution328
    evolution328 Posts: 83 Member
    Has anyone ever took part in this? Specifically the puddle one? I got this book from the library called "Slim Down Now" by Cynthia Sass and it seems very legit. I was just wondered if anyone has ever tried a Rapid Pulse Diet & how it worked out for them.

Why are you wasting time and money on fad diets when you could just eat less and exercise more? No one else has tried this diet because it doesn't work.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Camo_xxx wrote: »

How does it feel to be a smug prick ? For all you know her family was killed by a drunk driver and she is eating her pudding all alone.

And what if the driver was the Easter Bunny?

Couldn't be! No opposable thumbs for the steering wheel.

Proof...

https://youtu.be/UP-MOO9auaI

That doesn't stop my cat from driving me to work everyday.

*nods* true dat!

SeHS7ze.gif
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member

All I know is that having to think of those dumb wardrobe guidelines every meal would drive me insane. And it's so patronizing. Like I am a woman and finally someone has come up with a diet my dumb little clothing-obsessed brain can understand.

To top it off, it is completely worthless. Eating a serving of lentils and a serving of beets in the same meal isn't going to do anything bad to you! If you add carrots to your black bean soup, more power to you!

But really, this diet had me convinced at "bean puddings." That is all I needed to get to "nope."

I love beans. Love them. I'm a vegetarian. I eat them all the time. But yeah... in a pudding? Nope.

The whole pudding thing reminds me of having to hide veggies for a kid who's a picky eater.

The foods shown on the various items of apparel were all fine and nice choices and all that, but the whole thing is, as you said, just so completely ridiculous. I don't think it encourages anything in the way of a healthy attitude towards those nice foods.

• rainbowbow
    If you have to use such inane marketing for your diet it says a lot about what you think of your target audience.

VK4fHoG.gif
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    edited April 2015

l6PtkK6.gif

espZ6dZ.jpg

• NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    ZOMG finally a diet where I can synchronise my chow with my damn scarf! YESSSSSSS!