MiBand!!

Options
clumsysgpotato
clumsysgpotato Posts: 3 Member
edited April 2015 in Getting Started
Hello there! I have been logging on MFP for 100+ days straight and have always stayed underground. I only recently noticed that there is a community tab. So here I am!!

A few months back I bought myself a MiBand from Xiaomi and I would like to know how MFP users see this equipment! I have been logging my steps and night sleeping cycle with MiBand for 2 months or so now. MiBand is a pedometer and sleep tracker, and it is affordable compared to other branded 'logging devices' around, which is why I have decided to get myself one.

I have set my daily steps goal at 6,000 on MiBand app, what about you?
Do you think MiBand is accurate in terms of giving the amount of calories that you have burnt throughout the day?
Have you considered shoving your MiBand into the cupboard and get a FitBit/Jawbone instead?

One burning question I have for MiBand users:
I am aware that MiBand app is not found under 'Apps & Devices', so there is no way to automatically sync/log MiBand to MFP. How do you log your burnt calories showed in MiBand app to MFP then?

MiBand app logs shows me that I burn 300–600 cal on a daily basis. I am not a active person and was never motivated to run (oops!). However I walk for ~6.5hrs on a regular school day. Is it possible to even burn 300–600 cal per day just by walking?

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I chose not to directly link my Fitbit to MFP. I have used it for almost a year now, and I'm competitive with myself; I always seem to want to find more steps. When I first started with it, I was getting 3-6000 steps a day. I've found ways to push myself to be more active. When it's not too hot out I walk into work and back to my car (mile each way), walk at lunch, and just try to get up more to walk around the office more. On weekdays I know usually get at least 16000 steps.

As for calories burn, I don't directly log them, but I took a 30 day average and used that as my total calories burned, and then subtracted from that to get my calorie goal (and then made a custom calorie goal here). Therefore I don't log my exercise here, or if I do, I say it burned one calorie.