Vegaterian need veg friends

Options
jeanine89
jeanine89 Posts: 95 Member
I have been on the veg train (ovo-lacto-vegaterian) for over a year and my weight is stable but I want to lose a few pounds 5-10. Need like minded friends who can share tips ☺️

Replies

• laconsentida408
    laconsentida408 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i'm veg too, have been for 10+ years, will add you now!
  • ninjabloodorgy
    ninjabloodorgy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian(lacto-ovo), though I have been known to take long breaks from eggs, and once gave up dairy, but I love cheese too much...anyway...for over 20 years. I made that choice as a child and never looked back. Meat isn't for me.
  • Ascendio
    Ascendio Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been lacto-ovo vegetarian for about 10 years. I'm looking to lose more than you, about 20 lbs, but I'll add you!
  • TaniaMcCormick
    TaniaMcCormick Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian since last year :)
  • emilyj613
    emilyj613 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been ovo-lacto for about 8 months! My family doesn't understand and likes to make fun of me for it, so I'd love to have some veg friends, too!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    veggie for 20 years, I was the pasta/cheese/bread variety for many of those, part of the reason I ended up 100 pounds over weight. :) oh, vegetarians should eat veggies? interesting lol. now I working on my last 10-15-20 depending on the day.
  • Vixenmd1
    Vixenmd1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have been vegan for 25 years feel free to add me. I am currently working to get off 50 lbs.
  • whatsizbucket
    whatsizbucket Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    How do you guys do it? I *have* to eat meat (expected by family, or major ridicule I can't handle), until I hope to move out. Makes me gag. And for some reason I am becoming militant about it. But I have to keep it from everyone. I wasn't always this way. I was the 'live and let live' type, until recently.

Sorry to hijack the thread.
  • jeanine89
    jeanine89 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    At first my family was pushy about why cant u just eat what the rest of us eat... But it takes time to make the adjustment for not just yourself but Ur family. I still do get the "just eat this it won't kill u" but they are much more understanding now. I have no problem with anyone else eating meat but I made my own choice. My family now even will make a mini veg version of their cooking for me aka my mother made lasagna as a welcome home meal n made a large meat version and a small dish that just sub the brocclli for the meat.
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    jeanine89 wrote: »
    I have been on the veg train (ovo-lacto-vegaterian) for over a year and my weight is stable but I want to lose a few pounds 5-10. Need like minded friends who can share tips ☺️

HAHA good to know I wasn't the only one who wasn't eating like a rabbit. I used to joke that I am a "junk-atarian" now I am big again and hate that.
    I wish you luck losing that last stubborn bit of weight! I know it's really tough
  • hansok135
    hansok135 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been vegetarian for about 7 years, always looking for food inspiration and new recipes!
  • BicepsAndBows
    BicepsAndBows Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I've been a vegetarian since I was 9 years old, so for over 10 years now. Any of you can feel free to add me! :)