Feels Good

Options
BeastField
BeastField Posts: 463 Member
So my position was eliminated at work last week. I had a backup plan, which is in motion, so all is good there. The prior job I had was one that we wore polos and jeans to work. The last time I wore a dress shirt, tie, and nice slacks - lets just say I couldn't breathe. This was about a year ago, when they changed to that dress code... Especially when I tied my tie. I could barely button the top button!

Fast forward to today - I have been eating better, smaller portions, and not only doing some cardio, but about 2 months ago started doing strength training. I have been losing about 1.2 pounds per week, and each day I do my strength training, I am able to lift more weight. So, that feels really good - that my strength is improving and I am losing weight. Also, with my new job, I am back to wearing dress shirts and ties. Guess what? Yesterday was the first day - AND..... I buttoned the top button and tied the tie - COMFORTABLY!! I wasn't choking... and, I got a compliment from one of my friends.

Overall, I am down almost 20 pounds. I still have a little to go, and I am perfectly ok with taking my time. But, it does feel good!

HAPPY SATURDAY!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!