Day off from weighing, counting and logging

Options
uvi5
uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
We were given loads of lovely fruit and veg the other day and received more today. I have been a bit lethargic and may have not been eating enough. I have been walking 2 hours a day and logging it as well as other exercises unlogged. I only started eating back some of my exercise calories 2 days ago. Yesterday I had left over fruit to eat today, but I am going to just relax for a day and enjoy. I ate 16 corn chips, some homemade dip with sour cream and garlic and an artichoke so far. I have a pot of turkey stock simmering and will have it with rice. Tomorrows Easter and I want to relax and enjoy today instead. I may go up to 2000 calories, but I am doing it mindfully so far. Funny thing is i'm already full:) This is probably a useless post, but if others have done this, it would be great to hear about. If you recovered fast and was back to shedding, so long as you got back on the horse the following day. I am sticking to extra fruit and veg and more Meat and some cheese. I just need a break from the kitchen scale. I actually really enjoy designing my meals for the day, but I just want to feel free from it for a day. I binged for a week over 12 days ago (so I have been back on track for 12 days) and I still managed to shed another 3 pounds + 1 more as of today. I'm in no hurry to lose fast and I am pretty close to goal. Happy Easter ya'll :smiley:

Replies

• uvi5
    Options
    Have a great Easter! There's no problem with taking a day off from logging and worrying. I'm doing it myself tomorrow. Just remember that not logging is not the same as eating everything in sight. Try to still be mindful of what you're eating. Not logging isn't a free pass, you just get to relax your mind a bit.

You have a fantastic Easter as well. I don't think I will eat as much as I thought :smile: My kids are grown and theres only meat, veg and some cheese (which I have not touched), some chips (only had a serving). But rice and turkey stock I love and had a few cups of that. I'm stuffed :smiley: But, it's nice to take a break from logging it for a day. I was going to do Cheeseburger day today and had it logged and all fit my calories. Instead I ate more veg and not much meat ha ha, go figure:P Enjoy the holiday!

• uvi5
    Options
    uvi5 wrote: »
    Have a great Easter! There's no problem with taking a day off from logging and worrying. I'm doing it myself tomorrow. Just remember that not logging is not the same as eating everything in sight. Try to still be mindful of what you're eating. Not logging isn't a free pass, you just get to relax your mind a bit.

You have a fantastic Easter as well. I don't think I will eat as much as I thought :smile: My kids are grown and theres only meat, veg and some cheese (which I have not touched), some chips (only had a serving). But rice and turkey stock I love and had a few cups of that. I'm stuffed :smiley: But, it's nice to take a break from logging it for a day. I was going to do Cheeseburger day today and had it logged and all fit my calories. Instead I ate more veg and not much meat ha ha, go figure:P Enjoy the holiday!

I meant to say that my kids are grown and not here to give baskets to, so no lovely peeps and cadbury eggs, oh and jellybeans to tempt me. smiles:)

• jmasci20
    jmasci20 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I read an interesting blog entry that suggested taking a day of from logging reinforces a perception that healthy food is somehow bad for you (albeit subconsciously). I've been at this for ten weeks and logged my way through the Super Bowl as well as a long business trip full of business dinners. Neither week looked good in the logs but I did my best to minimize the calorie misses. I also like the idea of being true to myself no matter how well or how poorly I do!
  • uvi5
    Options

I meant to say that my kids are grown and not here to give baskets to, so no lovely peeps and cadbury eggs, oh and jellybeans to tempt me. smiles:)

Lol. I'm so bad that the Easter Bunny still visits my house even though it's just my husband and me.

I did love making baskets for my kids, but I sent my daughter money instead :smiley: If the easter bunny could just bring calorie free chocolate ha ha
  • uvi5
    Options
    jmasci20 wrote: »
    I read an interesting blog entry that suggested taking a day of from logging reinforces a perception that healthy food is somehow bad for you (albeit subconsciously). I've been at this for ten weeks and logged my way through the Super Bowl as well as a long business trip full of business dinners. Neither week looked good in the logs but I did my best to minimize the calorie misses. I also like the idea of being true to myself no matter how well or how poorly I do!

That's awesome! I'm ready to start again tomorrow. I just had 6 large strawberries and did not weigh them. I think I feel better when I do and enjoy them more, so maybe this was a good thing to remind me of that. Happy Easter to You :smiley:
  • runnrchic
    runnrchic Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm not logging tomorrow, and this is the first time since I went on vacation in January. I didn't worry about the week not logging in January because I ran a full marathon and walked around Disney parks for 6 days. I also ate fruit for desserts and avoided fried foods. Tomorrow I will just avoid all the candy and eat small when it comes to dessert or bread. I actually made the dessert and breads, so I know the calories/gram from recipe builder, but that will be for leftovers. Tomorrow I am not logging, and I will try to be mindful of what I'm eating. Should be interesting.
  • uvi5
    Options
    runnrchic wrote: »
    I'm not logging tomorrow, and this is the first time since I went on vacation in January. I didn't worry about the week not logging in January because I ran a full marathon and walked around Disney parks for 6 days. I also ate fruit for desserts and avoided fried foods. Tomorrow I will just avoid all the candy and eat small when it comes to dessert or bread. I actually made the dessert and breads, so I know the calories/gram from recipe builder, but that will be for leftovers. Tomorrow I am not logging, and I will try to be mindful of what I'm eating. Should be interesting.

:p have an awesome easter!