Anyone want to help me estimate the calories?

Options
shadow2soul
shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
edited April 2015 in Food and Nutrition
So I went (against my better judgement) to an Asian Buffet today and the place doesn't have calorie information anywhere. Anyway, this is what I had:
5dwveju5y025.jpg
wrooipgk5uh4.jpg
There was one other plate that I forgot to snap a pic of. If I take a guess this is what I'd say was on it:
- 1 Teriyaki Chicken Stick
- 1.5-2 oz Seafood Combination (mostly shrimp, some imitation crab in what I believe was a butter sauce)
- 1.5 -2 oz peppered Steak
- Something like this
Nantucket-Stuffed-Scallop-(.jpg

Both the pepper steak and seafood combination would have fit in a 1 cup measuring cup at the same time. Oh and I only ate 1/2 of the chocolate cake thing (kind of coffee flavored) on the left side of the one plate.

I'm guessing 1200- 1500, but any other guesses?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    Options
    No guesses?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Have you put it all in the database?
  • shadow2soul
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Have you put it all in the database?

I don't know what everything is. Since I don't know what the majority of it was called, it really does become a guessing game.
    Couldn't be to horrible since I don't even have a water weight gain this morning and still lost a bit (not much but the scale did move down to a new low).
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    I would just not bother logging/estimating.
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    I would just not bother logging/estimating.

That's what I do. If it's really important to you, I think there's an entry in the food diary for Chinese Buffet by the plate. It's going to be a guess, but it's all going to be a guess. As long as it's not something you do every day, it's not going to be an issue.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I wish I could help, but aside from the sushi rolls, I have no idea how calorie-heavy those things are. I echo the sentiment that you shouldn’t worry too much about it. Just guesstimate and move on. A black-hole day every now and again shouldn’t have an effect on your progress :smile: .
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    If it were me and I felt compelled to log it ? I would give myself a 1500 and move on.
    I would be more upset about the sodium though as I would be bloated for days and feeling poorly as a result.
  • sk1nnyb1tchm0dee
    Options
    So I went (against my better judgement) to an Asian Buffet today and the place doesn't have calorie information anywhere. Anyway, this is what I had:
    5dwveju5y025.jpg
    Yes 1300-1400. Sushi is about 40 cals each. The fried things I'd say 75 cals each called cream cheese Rangoon if you look it up. Cakes are 100 each. Um chicken stick 100 cals. Seafood thing is probably 200 for 1/2 cup portion
    wrooipgk5uh4.jpg
    There was one other plate that I forgot to snap a pic of. If I take a guess this is what I'd say was on it:
    - 1.5-2 oz Seafood Combination (mostly shrimp, some imitation crab in what I believe was a butter sauce)
    - Something like this

Both the pepper steak and seafood combination would have fit in a 1 cup measuring cup at the same time. Oh and I only ate 1/2 of the chocolate cake thing (kind of coffee flavored) on the left side of the one plate.

5dwveju5y025.jpg
    wrooipgk5uh4.jpg
    - Something like this

Yes 1300-1400. Sushi is about 40 cals each. The fried things I'd say 75 cals each called cream cheese Rangoon if you look it up. Cakes are 100 each. Um chicken stick 100 cals. Seafood thing is probably 200 for 1/2 cup portion