Easter Cheaters

Options
mpat81
mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
I have been using MFP for about 6-7 weeks and I've lost 15 lbs! Yayyy me! Tomorrow will be my first "cheat" day. I'm hosting a brunch for my family so I plan on going heavy on the fruit salad and light in the pastries but i' m going to allow myself to go over my calories if I feel like it! Anybody else do this on holidays?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    My dinner is going to be light since it's just my mom and me...strip steak and veggies...but the cheesecake... :wink:

A lot of people may go all out (these were popular threads for Thanksgiving/Christmas). A lot will also stick to their goals. If I go a bit over, it's fine. I'm going to eat a bit lighter at breakfast and lunch and have calories left over from today that I can use.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Meh, maybe? I didn't hold myself back over Thanksgiving and Christmas...but I did log everything. Turned out I was still in a deficit when you took it as a weekly stat. A day of gluttony leads to 2 of barely eating at all for me...all that food all at once? Too much! I may have gone over my goal for a day or two, but looked at as a weekly bar, I was right where I needed to be.

Enjoy your day tomorrow, and log anyway. You may learn some very useful things about how holidays fit into a normal healthy maintenance!
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I definitely plan to still log everything and I was way under my goal today. I also think because this is brunch I may be able to have the one big meal and maybe just a couple small snacks later in the day! Really looking forward to it though!
  • Wildcat_girl101
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I can't cheat on food because we're not in a relationship.

Cute dog what it's name?
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I plan on logging everything as close as possible, it's rare that I don't know exactly what I'm eating because I prepare 95% of what I eat myself but tomorrow is being hosted by someone else for lunch and then for dinner. I assume by the end of the day I will be quite over on calories and I really don't care, I plan to enjoy it and still at the very least aim to hit my protein and fiber requirements. If its only 1 day every few weeks it's not going to have any long term effects on goals :)
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    I don't "cheat," I just eat what I please. which I'll be doing tomorrow, and it will be similar food to what I've eaten the last 304 days here. I'm not making or weighing any of the food, just estimating. Most of what I plan to eat is already logged in my diary for tomorrow (meal 3) if anyone is interested. There may be more fruit and veggies added too, just not yet sure what all will be there that I'll want.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I tend to go way overboard on Holidays. I was going to do better today... but it's apparently the worst day of PMS and I'm STARVING so I highly doubt I'll manage to stay under 3000 calories today (which should still be close enough to my maintenance for the week, so I'm not going to sweat it).
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    I've spent Saturday and Sunday eating the world in food. None logged, couldn't be bothered as I was gorging chocolate cheesecake.

It's probably coincided with a time where I felt I needed a bit of an emotional and physical re-feed.

Tomorrow I will be back in the gym, and eating my goal calories.

Nothing has happened that will effect anything in the long run.
  • bigd66218
    bigd66218 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I logged everything I eat and Saturday I was over 800 calories from my daily goal...That Whitman's Chocolate rabbit went down too good!!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a rare day off from logging today, but I doubt I'll go overboard. I can't really put the food away like I used to do and I tend to eat lighter afterward if I have a big eating day. I'm actually not taking the day off because it's Easter-- it's just a coincidence.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I plan to eat all the food today. Big breakfast planned, lots of chocolate then our lovely traditional Easter dinner. I will be back in the gym tomorrow and my normally scheduled eating program. This works for me and has since 2010.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Had Easter dinner yesterday, went heavy on protein (which I usually don't get enough of), but everything else was
    pretty normal other than a piece of cheesecake (probably 2 oz), some potato chips, and a shot of everclear-infused
    apple cider. Went over a little bit, no big deal.
    The whole point of this exercise is to be able to live normally, enjoy eating, just do it sensibly.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Not exactly Easter Dinner but I am having a waffle for the first time in about 8 months... I will work out (heavily) in a few minutes so this is brunch for me.. I hope its good! :)
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    And, here I was hoping the thread title meant there would be a marathon of "Cheaters" on TV this afternoon. So much for that.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I generally strive to be good and stick to my calories. That being said, I completely cheat on sodium. I pay for it too, being as salt sensitive as I am, but how can I NOT eat P.F. Chang's for Easter dinner when offered? :')
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Decided to forgo the typical Easter chocolate this year as most of it is really crummy and cheap. I made an Easter fruit basket with protein bars instead. Reasonable and healthy breakfast and a big pork & beef roast in the oven with baked potatoes.. Yum!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I don't worry about going over my calories on a holiday, although I log (if circumstances permit, I don't drive myself crazy if it's too difficult to log accurately and just estimate and I took a logging break when I was visiting my parents at Christmas). I also try to make sure the week is at least at maintenance. (I expect to have a small deficit this week.)

I also am pretty good about fitting in some long workouts on holidays.

Most holiday meals in my family lend themselves to pretty healthy eating, as the basics are meat, veggies, and potatoes. I just don't eschew the extras either.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,086 Member
    Options
    I'm still logging and not worrying about calories over budget, provided I'm getting a healthy does of protein and it's not all just empty sugary carbs. For the week I'm still under, so one day isn't going to hurt.