who has a fit bit?

Options
2»

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have the Flex and I love it but I don't understand the calories adjustment for Fitbit on MFP. I walked 3 miles and it gave me 88 calories according to Flex it would be 300? Any feedback appreciated

My fit bit device says I've burned 1985 calories so far today for 18433 steps which seems way too high. Mfp says I've burned 620 which seems about right... I have no idea what the problem could be.

I have the fit bit zip. I'm only interested in steps taken and calories burned. Don't need the sleep tracker as I already know I don't sleep well :tongue: And I don't climb stairs or do aerobic exercise..

• akiba254
    akiba254 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have a charge HR and I love it. The heart rate monitor is a great feature in my opinion.
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have the Flex and I love it but I don't understand the calories adjustment for Fitbit on MFP. I walked 3 miles and it gave me 88 calories according to Flex it would be 300? Any feedback appreciated

My fit bit device says I've burned 1985 calories so far today for 18433 steps which seems way too high. Mfp says I've burned 620 which seems about right... I have no idea what the problem could be.

I have the fit bit zip. I'm only interested in steps taken and calories burned. Don't need the sleep tracker as I already know I don't sleep well :tongue: And I don't climb stairs or do aerobic exercise..

I think the way the Fit Bit device works is to calculate your "naturally burned" calories throughout the day. So essentially what you just burn doing your thing. To actually get the calories you can eat back you need to add exercise. If you add it into either MFP or the Fit Bit dashboard it will then give you those extra calories to eat.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I love my Zip and it does all I want it to do for me. I hear the new Apple Watch will have all this stuff too. Anyone holding out for the Watch?