Organic, chocolatey energy breakfast or snack balls

laurmyer01
laurmyer01 Posts: 3 Member
Listen up my healthy foodie friends! If you're trying to lose weight but can't seem to fight those chocolate cravings, I have a recipe for my homemade energy balls using all natural and organic ingredients.
Ingredients: cacao nibs, organic shredded coconut (no sugar added), melted organic virgin coconut oil, almond flour or ground almonds (you can substitute with other nuts if you like), prunes or other dried fruit that will add moisture to this.
Directions: Cacao nibs can be chopped in a food processor if you like. I didn't do that and you can see the nibs in my recipe photo. Combine almond flour, cacao nibs, organic shredded coconut in a bowl. Set aside. Melt your organic, virgin coconut oil in a pan on the stove or microwave. Add melted coconut oil to your dried fruit in the food processor and process until smooth. Add to your dry ingredients and stir with a spoon until combined. You can roll into balls and wrap in plastic wrap or flatten onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Either way, put into the fridge. They keep up to a week. If you flatten, cut when cooled and serve as a candy bar or square.
I purposefully didn't give amounts as tonight was the first time I made these. Some of you will like more of one ingredient over another. If you like a more nutty taste, add more almond flour or ground nuts of your choice. If you like more chocolatey flavor, add more cacao nibs. Like more coconut flavor, add more shredded coconut. Your choice. Healthy snack with good fats and naturally sweetened. Enjoy!

qicp794d0frc.jpg