Calorie intake--I know the "normal" range but I am not normal.

Options
2»

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I am confused on one point OP. How did you get the extra weight you are trying to lose, and it is not just a lb or two according to you profile, by living according to the guidelines you posted? I am assuming the size of one's stomach affects how much can be consumed at one meal, and not how much energy this person burns doing normal activities, so how does one end up with 55 lbs to lose while following a 900 calorie plan since 2013? Or did you start with much more weight and have already lost a lot?
  • tls45682
    tls45682 Posts: 4
    Options
    OK news of the day...went to Dr. and apparently my thyroid results last June were abnormal but nothing was done about it due to my surgeries and it got put on the back burner and then lost in all my medical papers soooo tomorrow I have another one to check it again. Also got the answer from Dr. that I need to be eating 1,000 calories per day! YAY! Happy to finally know!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    This wall of text makes me think you need a doctor. You have so many health issues you don't need amateur random internets help.

This. I can't even think of advising.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Is there are reason you can't compose a diet of calorie dense foods like peanut butter and avocado?

I would think your problem is more one of volume, not calories.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but I would think that the size of your stomach won't alter the calorie needs of your body. Eating more calories doesn't have to mean eating more food by volume, you just need to chose more calorie dense options. Avocado, nuts, oils on veg and salads, full fat dairy instead of low fat, dark meat poultry instead of light, less lean cuts of meat. Could your doctor refer you to a registered dietician?

This may not be true due to her medical problems, therefore the OP needs to push the doctor for a referral to a registered nutritionist.