Options
2»

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Leana088 wrote: »
    gia07 wrote: »
    I have to say this has nothing to do with a weight loss question, etc...

Why did you post "Am I scarred for life at age 22?" Not to sugar coat and maybe some tough love, but why dump your drama on a Fitness and Weightloss website about your love life?

You want advice or comments from strangers in cyber space? Why?

:(:(

Most of my insecurities have to do with the way I look.

Other than that, I have no other answer except, because I don't have a life outside the internet. Haha :neutral:

Don't worry, Doll, you've simply stumbled across the "don't share your life on the Internet" police. You're fine

I hate that you've been hurt by some jerks in the past. It seems your admirer isn't swayed by makeup or whatever. That could be a good thing! I've had this before sometime in my early twenties where I was just being kind of a mall rat looking somewhat raggedy and got approached by a well dressed gentleman. And I'm thinking like what the heck's wrong with him?? But now I think about it, you're out and about, exuding life. Why wouldn't nice people be drawn to you! :)

• Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    If you don't see your worth, you'll always choose people who don't see it either. When your self esteem rises, your life follows :)
    So, basically, learn to love yourself first. Not everyone in this world is an a**
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I used to feel like this all the time and sometimes I still feel like no one will ever really like me or I'll end up alone or I'm not worth anything. But then I tell myself that it doesn't matter if a guy (or girl) does or doesnt like me at the moment because I can do awesome things that go past how I look.

Maybe try finding activities that make you feel acomplished. Like for me my job makes me feel accomplished, so does ballet, yoga, painting, running, petting my dog, and hanging out with my best friend. Sometimes when I'm really anxious even just the fact that I left my town and drove around makes me feel like I can do anything.

Also try to find a feature you like about yourself physically and focus on that feature until you like more and more of yourself. That's how I recovered from my eating disorder. Every time I looked in the mirror I focused on my eyes and my eyebrows cause that's all I liked about myself and now (a year and a half later) I've found a lot more things I like about myself.

It's not easy. There's always good times and bad times but you have to positive self talk as much as possible.
  • FoodFitnessTravel
    FoodFitnessTravel Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    i'm the person who dumps guys for other guys. I make them fall in love with me and betray them terribly. But that's life and i am only 23 so it's fine for now.
    My point is, if you let them play with you, they will. If you don't, they won't! Don't be clingy, pretend you don't care even if you do. It has nothing to do with looks, i think you feel like you're not pretty enough. Ask anyone, confidence>looks. Be confident girl, love yourself, you're never gonna be younger than now, take care of yourself. xx