How does MFP calculate loss? Mine seems wrong.

Options
I began my real journey here on March 11, although I'd logged in a month earlier and browsed. My weight on 3/11 was 180.6. My weight today on 4/5 is 173.6. To me, that's 7#. But on my ticker and on my Home page, it keeps saying 6 lbs. Why? Even on the Report for the last 30 days, it shows I began at 180.6. Is there a lag of some kind?

Replies

• striving_muslimah
    striving_muslimah Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've found that there is a glitch or bug, whatever you want to call it, in the calculation of weight loss on the site. I've lost around 15 KG, but my profile says 7.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    MFP uses the oldest date/weight to calculate total weight loss. You most likely have an entry older than 3/11/2015.
    You must use the Web version, not the mobile apps, to update your starting weight.

Navigate to APPS > Tickers > Update your weight data. Enter your desired starting weight and click Save Changes. That will update the oldest date/weight in your profile.

Alternately, navigate to MY HOME > Check-in > Edit Previous Entries.
    a. Enter a new value in the Starting Weight text box and click Change; or
    b. Scroll down and click on the highest page number to take you to the oldest date/weight entry. Once you find your oldest date/weight entry, under Add New Entry, enter the new date/weight and click Add New Entry. That will replace the oldest date/weight with your new one.
    c. If you want to keep all of your historical data, Add New Entry at least one day older than the oldest date/weight.
  • CaliforniaRower
    CaliforniaRower Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Oh @CyberTone, you are SO right! It's using the weight I plugged in back in Feb, which was one lb LESS than the date on which I made the actual commitment! You're a genius!