Motivating NSVs

Options
Loose jeans are good. Being able to sit down and bend over to tie my shoes is good. But this is the best one yet. I've lost 24 pounds and have a long long way to go, but today I picked up a 26-pound bag of dog food and thought, "Huh..."

I scooped out two pounds of food and lifted the bag again. WHOA. I called my husband over and told him there was 24 pounds of food in the bag. He picked it up, gave me a big hug and said, "WHOA!"

Frankly, I'm surprised my heart hasn't given out on me, supporting all of me for so long. And learning that I don't "yet" meet the criteria for diabetes and likely won't at this rate -- that was a bonus too.

Other people motivate me some, but 90% of it comes from within me.

Replies

• aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I had a similar NSV the other day. I lifted a 25 lb of cat litter pellets and carried it around the store like it was no big deal. Way to go!!
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    LIfting the bag of dog food didn't phase me until I realized it weighed the same amount that I've lost so far. That's what shocked us. No wonder stairs are so much easier now, and I'm only about 25% to my goal.
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I can pick up a 50 lb bag of dog food, but it floors me that my body used to support almost two and a half of them. I wonder how I was able to get around before when I can just barely hike that thing in the garage.
  • jambo27061965
    jambo27061965 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone