Wahoo Tickr users, how do I auto sync to MFP?

Options
Hi,

I've got a tickr x that I sync with my Android and the Wahoo App, but there is no way to connect the results from the app to MFP, I can export to Strava and then to here, but not directly or automatically.

Does anyone know how or use another app to record their cardio at the gym that auto syncs to MFP?

The apps section of MFP has wahoo, but when I click connect it just takes me to the wahoo store front, and when I click on MFP on the site, it takes me to the homepage of MFP.

Cheers

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I have mine sync to MapMyFitness, and then set MapMyFitness to sync to MFP.
  • Wolfe1965
    Wolfe1965 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use the wahoo fitness app with the tckr and it sends directly to MFP if I want it to. However I am using the IOS version. However, I prefer to use Garmin connect software for complete burn tracking which completely integrates with MFP for calorie burn. Therefore I send the data from Wahoo to Garmin Connect and it handles getting it over to MFP. I also have an inexpensive Garmin wristband that tracks steps and puts it all together. (Vivofit) The wrist band can also pair with the wahoo hrm if I don't want to use my phone for activities.
  • MihailL
    MihailL Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to connect the "Wahoo TICKR" app from MFP. It just opens a webpage when I press the connect button. Even though I have the Wahoo TICKR app installed. Any idea whats wrong?
  • WhatMeRunning
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I synced my Wahoo Fitness app to MapMyFitness, and then synced MapMyFitness with MFP to make it work for me. I had no option from within the Wahoo Fitness app to sync with MFP. I never tried syncing it up the other way though, from MFP to Wahoo.

I haven't used the Wahoo Fitness app for some time though, so I can't recall the exact path to it, but it is within settings somewhere (I know, helpful, right?). I hope the app works better for you than it did for me!

ETA - Had to correct above. I was calling MapMyFitness by the wrong name...very confusing.
  • kewlzipity
    kewlzipity Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have synced my Garmin VivoFit2 to MFP no problems. I have added the Ticker X and the Wahoo app and can't get it to sync to MFP even though it says I'm sharing with Garmin and Wahoo. Are you saying I need to get another app Map My Fitness and sync everything to that and that to MFP?
  • WhatMeRunning
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I was never able to get the Wahoo Fitness App for Android to sync with MFP so you have to find another option.

The option I first used was syncing Wahoo Fitness App with my MapMyFitness account, and then syncing my MapMyFitness account with my MFP account. I did not need to have MapMyFitness running. I would record the run with the Wahoo Fitness app and all of the syncing between the other apps happened automatically afterwards.

I haven't used the Wahoo Fitness app for a few months now. It would crash my phone on about half of my runs, losing all of the data for that run. Hopefully you have better luck with the app than I did.

Since posting above I have settled in on using both Endomondo and Strava simultaneously to track my runs. Either of those apps will sync with MFP just fine (I sync from Strava), and neither have any issues picking up HR data from the Wahoo Tickr. I experimented with a few apps over a couple months after giving up on the Wahoo Fitness App, and these two give me the specific things I am looking for from running apps.
  • palmettoadventurer
    palmettoadventurer Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's because they fixed a bug since this thread was started, but syncing between Wahoo Fitness and MFP is working fine for me on my Galaxy S6 running Lollipop 5.0.2. (I just bought a Tickr yesterday.)
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options
    harmonkl wrote: »
    I don't know if it's because they fixed a bug since this thread was started, but syncing between Wahoo Fitness and MFP is working fine for me on my Galaxy S6 running Lollipop 5.0.2. (I just bought a Tickr yesterday.)
    I'm sure that's the case. I last used the Wahoo Fitness app back in February 2015. Plenty of time for things to change (and maybe improve). Hope it works well for everyone! I would give it another chance but I am really happy with the apps I'm using at the moment.
  • dontslowdown
    dontslowdown Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Instructions for iPhone...perhaps the menus may be similar for Android...Follow these steps (as of October 2015)
    1. Open the Wahoo Fitness App AND the MyfitnessPal App (maybe you don't need both open but that's what i did, the point is both are installed on the phone)
    2. From the WAHOO FITNESS APP...Tap "Settings"
    3. Tap "Sharing"
    4. Select and Tap "MyFitness Pal"
    5. Follow the instructions, you should end up with a check mark next to myfitnesspal
    6. Exit Settings
    7. Open Wahoo Fitness, do your workout and save it
    8. Tap the share icon top right (apple) or android equivalent
    9. Tap the myfitnesspal App Icon, it will sync to myfitnesspal and put a green check on the Icon
    I synced 2 tests to myfitnesspal and they worked though I will likely switch to an app other than Wahoo fitness that offers more functionality, this process should work with any app that Wahoo Tickr supports
  • FitCoachLinda
    FitCoachLinda Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks, oldandfit2014! I was doing steps 1-6, and MFP was not listing the Wahoo app under My Apps. However, when I went ahead and did your steps 7-9, it worked.

MFP still doesn't show the Wahoo app under My Apps, but I'm able to share my workouts, which is all I needed.
  • nickycable
    nickycable Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sorry if I sound dim, but do you have to select "share with MFP" after every workout? With fitbit it just used to appear. Thanks in advance.
  • mmezyan
    mmezyan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wished It Was Just Automatic Every Time It Syncs On Its Own Instead of Going Manually And Sharing With MFP......
  • phobos512
    phobos512 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Is there yet an automatic way to sync on iOS with the TICKR devices? I hadn't used mine in a while so had to rediscover the completely obtuse sharing method to get workouts into MFP.
  • jchiar2014
    jchiar2014 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I see the data come in via the Health app, but it doesn't show up under my apps in MFP
  • PresDyl
    PresDyl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't it sync even though wahoo is on my IPhone while myfitnesspal is on my Ipad? It should be based on account and not need to be on same apple medium. I click on the workout under wahoo and share it with myfitnesspall. There is a green check. However, it never syncs with MFP.
  • ceejvidallo
    ceejvidallo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • gofaulk28
    gofaulk28 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm super late here, but I just bought a wahoo tickr and there is no choice to connect to mfp in their app.. And I get the same issue as the op, the app option to connect to wahoo from here just redirects to wahoos website.