I wanna be a healthy mom!

Options
My son is about to turn one and I wanna be able to do as much as I can with him. I'm tired of letting my weight get in the way. I've already lost 20lbs and I'm excited to lose even more. I want to get more friends on here and see other people progress. As well as support and motivation!

Replies

• hmm33502
    hmm33502 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the friend request! I'm trying to work on a healthier lifestyle, but worrying about the number on the scale always gets in the way! Great job on the 20 lb loss. Keep it up! I'm not a mom, but I'm working on health for future children! What are you doing to lose?

Heather
  • Samakins33
    Samakins33 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The number on the scale always gets to me too, especially when I feel like I had a good week but the scale doesn't show the same. It can be so frustrating! But I try not to let it get me down. Instead I use it as motivation for the next week. I've just been tracking my food, usually a smoothie in the morning, light lunch and I have a nice size dinner. They always say to eat more in the morning and less at night but I just don't work that way lol. I also go walking almost everyday for about 2 hours. Helps burn a lot of calories.
  • hmm33502
    Options
    It sounds like you are off to a great start! I was on a roll for a while, but I let life get in the way and slipped on my eating and exercise. I started at 327 lbs and got a lap band in 2010. I lost 83 lbs in 9 months, but it was short lived because my good quality food turned to junk. I gained 50 back, but have since lost almost all of it back. I am looking forward to eventually being under 200, but a scale that doesn't weigh properly has kept me grounded lately. One minute it will say 250 and the next it will say 225, so I use my clothes as more of an indicator. When I eat clean-ish (I'm not perfect and I'm not really trying to be) and I continue to move at least 10000 steps daily, the weight drops off, but I lack someone to hold me accountable! My sisters and I are going to Alaska in June, so I am trying to lose down to fit comfortably into my size 16 clothes by then. They are pretty tight right now, but they zip and button, so 10-15 lbs would probably be ideal! That's my temporary goal. Long term is 149 or ability to fit into standard "non-plus" sizes.
  • Samakins33
    Samakins33 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds like u are getting urself back on track. It's good to have a goal for ur trip too. Sometimes I think it's good to have short term goals cuz then it doesn't seem so far away. Ugh the scale thing would drive me nuts thou. I let the number control me too much but I need to learn to not let it. I'm trying to lose another 20 before July 3. My sisters getting married and I wanna look good in pictures.
  • catthewildone
    catthewildone Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've got 3 little ones.... and I am desperate to set a good, healthy example for them. I'm hoping to lose about 80 lbs long term.... I want to be able to do things with my kids that my mom wasn't able to! Here's to getting healthy :-)
  • hmm33502
    Options
    Hey Sammy and Cat! I just joined the "lose 20 lbs by July 4th challenge in the motivation section. You guys should come and join too!
  • momnurse311
    Options
    I'm a mom of 2 awesome kids (7 and 4) and they are why I'm doing this too. I wanna be around for them as long as I can! I have 110 to lose
  • kchezelle
    kchezelle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You go girl! Feel free to add me !
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Way to go on the 20 pound loss so far!
    I totally know how you feel, after the up and down roller coaster of 3 pregnancies, I am finally on my way to a permanent healthy lifestyle change!
    We got this!
  • TheProudDadLife
    TheProudDadLife Posts: 654 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    That's what motivated me , best of luck
  • DanThomasBurton
    DanThomasBurton Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 and a half year old.
    I hit a bmi of 28.5 and decided to get healthy for him and me.

Already I've lost 26lbs which has given me enough confidence to take him swimming every weekend, I'm hoping to get to my target weight by his birthday