I'm so glad that today, I...(your daily small achievements)

Options
2»

Replies

• mrsjoyw
    mrsjoyw Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I went to a birthday party and did not eat any cake. I went to Subway and didnt get a cookie. I attempted and accomplished five pushups and not the kind on your knees, just toes and hands! THAT was a major achievement LOL!:blushing:
  • littlelady2b
    littlelady2b Posts: 104
    Options
    I know this is going to sound really childish for a 35 year old woman to say but.....
    I'm so glad I didn't eat my feelings when my brother hurt my feelings today.

Seems like my emotional eating is the number 1 cause for gaining 30lbs in the last year alone and today on day 3 of starting over I managed to just handle being upset and not grabbing a box of cookies or king sized bag of chips. Stupid sounding accomplishment I know but every day counts right?
    Awesome accomplishment actually and really important its far to easy to let people win when they hurt you and much harder to stick to your goals. Way 2 go!
  • HuskerforLife
    HuskerforLife Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Two things for me. One, I went to Old Navy for their active wear sale and found that I wear a smaller size than expected :) And 2, I'm proud that my husband and I went to the grocery store and stuck with our healthy food shopping list!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that today, I finished all my grocery shopping for about 2 weeks, and I not only had a good workout at the gym, but I was able to get in about a half hr at the driving range. It's was a very good and productive day!:happy:
  • littlelady2b
    littlelady2b Posts: 104
    Options
    I had a bit of a slip yesterday some chocolate cake got the better of me and I take full responsibility for it but today I got back on track without guilt or worry and I was under my calories.
  • naturallyme36
    naturallyme36 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I stuck to my plan of walking and training for my 5K, even After going out to dinner with the hubby.
  • TheHorribleBlob
    TheHorribleBlob Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I like this. I'm going to post here later on. Right now it's 8:43 AM where I am and I've done nothing. >_>

I did nothing today. Whoops! Spent the day with my brother and didn't really accomplish anything other than laundry. :I
  • Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I was lazy and did not plan any meals today, but just grazed every time I felt hungry (which seemed like all the time.) I talked myself into good choices each time I wandered into the ktichen, though, and ended up under my calorie goal for the day.
  • chidori_nep
    chidori_nep Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I know this is going to sound really childish for a 35 year old woman to say but.....

Seems like my emotional eating is the number 1 cause for gaining 30lbs in the last year alone and today on day 3 of starting over I managed to just handle being upset and not grabbing a box of cookies or king sized bag of chips. Stupid sounding accomplishment I know but every day counts right?

No I think this is a GREAT achievement! !! keep on the resolve! I am also a stress eater n emotional eater...so I can relate to that! I think this is a huge accomplishment! =D
  • chidori_nep
    chidori_nep Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I like this. I'm going to post here later on. Right now it's 8:43 AM where I am and I've done nothing. >_>

I did nothing today. Whoops! Spent the day with my brother and didn't really accomplish anything other than laundry. :I

quick!!! do some squats or short workout now in ur house!! im gonna do a 30 mins easy one using nike training club now!! every little thing is a small step to big things =D
  • smmorri
    smmorri Posts: 44 Member
    Options

That's an amazing accomplishment! One that you ought to be proud of yourself for! Personally, I had to go away to a treatment center, which took a lot of patience and practice, to learn the lesson that you're learning right now. Emotional eating was a part of my ED, so I know that is definitely NOT an easy task to learn healthy coping mechanisms, and to actually live them out in the moment.

Again, Amazing job!!
  • smmorri
    smmorri Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm excited I was able to sneak in a workout, in the last 30 minutes, before the gym closed!! I made the most of my time, working on "homework" that my trainer gave me.... I felt like this was the best 30 minute workout I've ever had!