Lost Who I Am

I have always known I have been larger. After joining the military I got down to about a size five and was thrilled. I met my husband, also military, and we got married and I received a medical discharge after a nasty fall destroyed my hips and I took too long to heal. Over the last six and a half years of marriage I have ballooned up to a size sixteen and have miserable for most of it. My husband appears oblivious to my issues, but now we are having fertility issues and I have pretty much lost all of my self confidence as a woman. I had dabbled with different diet approaches, but, I LOVE food! This last weekend I was out with a friend and she ran into an old high school buddy of hers. He took one look at me and in informed me that he thought I was eating too much food and that I was overweight and should consider dieting and eating different foods. I was shocked! I didn't know this man and had never had someone tell me I was fat right to my face within moments of meeting them. I was devastated, and in every way I still am. BUT, after a day or so to consider, I had to be honest with myself that while he was very rude, he was not wrong. I AM overweight and unhealthy. I am also miserable and I hate having to look at myself in a mirror. Those are not things people should be living with and that is not how I want to spend the rest of my life. So here goes nothing. I am embarking on a journey to find a healthy and happy me, whatever size I can get to that happens to be the happy me! I would love to add friends on here and build a support network! I am a firm believer that accountability is one of the best ways to stay true to something, so bring it on!

Replies

• mcelrjus
    mcelrjus Posts: 2 Member
    "Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery." It looks like you are well on your way, self discipline, control and a good attitude will get you far.