returning to weight loss

Options
corwinKB
corwinKB Posts: 13 Member
edited April 2015 in Introduce Yourself
My name is Brian. I lost 88lbs on Weight Watchers before college rocking a smooth 207lb athletic power house. I had just lost my job as a firefighter in training and wanting to focus on something I could control.

Through college I slowly put it back on eating cheap food and drinking way to much coffee and energy drinks and also WAY to much fast food.

By my senior year I had put on 120lbs. I worked for a OHL hockey team and the guys always went for beer and wings after home games so it was common to get drunk and over eat.

On the side of all this I am a chewing tobacco addict, have been for 8 years. Ive always wanted to quit...prayed about it, tried many times but failed, tried drugs from my doctor that made me feel like a zombie and suicidal... But I found the magic pill to help me finally quit.

I joined a group called KillTheCan which taught me to find piece with my addiction and to love myself and to be honest with myself. A major part of that is also posting roll call and promising something to your quit brothers and sisters...kind of like signing a daily contract. I learned control is necessary but accountability is everything. I have been quit now for 1 month with complete control of my cravings.

One more piece to this puzzle. I was diagnosed with an inconvenient disease called Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD). So I can't take in large amounts of protein, and have to avoid things that can cause gout. So I have a major challenge ahead.

I have 123lbs to lose. Who wishes to post roll and hold me accountable? Who wants to be my quit brother or sister and kick obesity in the nuts? We can do this together!