Vitamin D deficiency

Options
2»

Replies

• genchan
    genchan Posts: 28
    Options
    At 16, its good that you're starting early, kid. Most of the comments I've read on here, they're pretty much on point with their advice. If you're able to drink milk, its best to get some sunlight for a chemical reaction to take place in your body.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I figured I was Vitamin D deficient, as I stopped losing weight in winter and my hair was starting to fall out (despite 2000 calorie intake)..plus i was having some weird joint pain that was related to possible vitamin d deficiency. I also decided to start taking Zinc (because of my hair)...either way, about 2-3 weeks after starting my daily amount, my hair has stopped falling out and my weight has started to go down again :)
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I used to be low in D, despite drinking 4 + cups of milk per day. I live in a warm, sunny climate but do have a tendency to avoid excess UV.

My doctor asked me to supplement with 1000 (micrograms?) daily.

I bought a huge tub of vitamin D from Costco and I've been near the middle range since then.

I never had a problem with weight loss because of the deficiency, although I did not start a weight loss program until I supplemented.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Cubic Cutie, I'm 16, so definitely not menopausal lol.

Hi OP, MFP is 18 and over. I've heard wonderful things about http://www.sparkteens.com/ , and you will probably find more relevant information there.
  • CubicCutie
    CubicCutie Posts: 53
    Options
    So sorry about that. There is such a thing as early menopause but yes, you are a looonnnng way from that.:blushing:
  • ravenstar25
    ravenstar25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It could be tied in with other problems. Be sure to have everything checked out. Vitamin D processing is tied up with the thyroid gland.