Mothers,,, how can u handle that??

2»

Replies

• runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Putting my 2 cents in from a dad. I work nights and get my workouts in after I take the kids to school. I still have my 16 month old with me most of the time. She does not like being dropped off at the gym so I bought a hiking pack. So far I've taken her out for 2-3 hrs hikes. She loves it, and it's great exercise.
  • blueriotgirl
    blueriotgirl Posts: 151 Member
    I have 2 kids 13 y/o and a 3 y/o. I get up at 5 a.m. every day and do my workout when they are sleeping. When they were both babies i didn't work out. They were my scapegoats. When my oldest turned 5 i started working out while he was in kindergarten. Then when i had my 2nd child. I totally slacked off again. I became a stay at home mom. My career as an emt kept me fit it is a physically demanding job so i was in good shape but once he came i slacked off. I got tired of how i felt, i was ashamed of how i looked,embarrassed even. I decided a lil over a month ago that i was gonna do this no excuses. I jumped head first and came up with ways to do this. If my youngest gets up early i sit him down with his tablet or cartoons and i go in our family room and workout. If he is being perticularly needy that day i go for a walk when my hubs gets home or do the workout then. My oldest plays baseball 4xs a week so we swap days on the days i take him to practice i walk for 2hrs if we all go as a family i walk a bit and play on the playground with my hubs and youngest. You just have to try. .. trial and error. If you can't workout early do it later. Even if its just running up and down your stairs any little bit helps. Good luck on your journey!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Workout when they're asleep

Use them as resistance weight

Stick them in a buggy and run with them

take them to a gym creche / get a sitter

• MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    I work out at home. My daughter is in school but my son is just shy of 3. I didn't start working out until he was almost 2. The way I started was with a Stroller Strides type group ( we were overseas, so it wasn't an official group), along with jogging, we did intervals of body weight exercises and higher intensity cardio, and baby was right there the whole time enjoying the ride ( sometimes). Now I time my workout with a chchange from the morning news to disney channel, it keeps him occupied for the hour I need to exercise and shower. You can also take advantage of nap time to get a worry free workout in . Because we have a group class for my son as well as speech therapy twice a week, my schedule is not always consistant, but I'm learning to roll with the punches of my newly hectic life
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 491 Member
    edited April 2015
    I have a 2 year old and an 8 month old. For the longest time I didn't work out because it was too much of a hassle. I found Zumba. I try to do 20-30 minutes a day. My 2 year old loves watching it and my 8 month old watches me dance. Don't get me wrong, usually I have to stop to get a snack for my daughter or something, but I do my best. My biggest struggle right now is that I am not getting much sleep at night and because of that when I work out I am so exhausted by like 2pm. I'm going to try to work out later in the day to see if that helps.
  • Missy022014
    Missy022014 Posts: 86 Member
    I am a single mom that works 50 hours a week....I'm also finishing up grad school. I recently joined a gym with childcare. I go to 3 classes per week now and my kids love going! I was worried about my son, and rightfully so, he escaped the first time we went! He has since started to enjoy going and loves practicing his letters with the girl that works there.
  • lhart1104
    lhart1104 Posts: 14 Member
    I have 5 kids, and I make it a point to go to the gym every single day even if that means waking up at 4am! It's time for myself, I need it every day to keep me sane!!! Some days are crazy, like yesterday I never had a chance to shower or change after the gym, I was a hot mess all day, but at least I got it done!