100lb+ to lose. Needing motivation, inspiration and information.

Options
2»

Replies

• lidi15
    lidi15 Posts: 4
    Options
    Let´s do it together! You can do it! I lost 55 pounds \o/ ! Also follow me on instagram @lidiannespaz
  • hmm33502
    hmm33502 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    This is 80 lbs down! I still have about 90 to go. plcsxspck9by.jpg
    szzeq0i00ec7.jpg
    It has taken me 5ish years, but I got off track for a year or so and gained. I'm not a picture of perfection, but I am a picture of determination!! Feel free to add me, but don't expect my diary to be anywhere near perfect!
  • JulieEllul
    JulieEllul Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda, I am trying to lose 100 pounds myself. You're already doing better than I am because I am only two weeks in and already want to eat everything in the house.

It's nice to see so many ppl on the same journey! I'm 28 and looking to lose 110lbs, 3 weeks into this craziness and it is rough. Knowing our journey is long and will be a long term/Life challenge is difficult to face. At least for myself, I've always been a extra luscious lady (like to keep it positive!) thick or thin I try to celebrate it!

I force myself to look long term to stay motivated and I celebrate my little success no matter how small! One day, for the love of all things, one meal at a time. It also helps to have support ppl! So please feel free to add me. I'm a postaholic lol MFP is a very helpful tool!

Amanda I share your sentiments. I've nearly ripped ppls heads off trying to maintain self control. Lol. #hangrygirl
  • mindync68
    mindync68 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love all of the inspiration! Definitely getting me off to a great start with 100 pounds to lose.
  • rayas1
    rayas1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 100+ pounds too. I lost 55 in 2013 and gained back 60 throughout the past year. I know how tough it is, but focus and determination will get us there. We got this!
  • bubblegum201225
    bubblegum201225 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I only really discovered this community in the app recently but it seems like a wonderful place to give and receive motivation, tips and advice.

I understand that sometimes we just get down, and really lack motivation, I find giving yourself little rewards along the way really helps! Setting smaller goals as well, I give myself a goal every 10kg (22lbs). Find people who motivate and uplift you, they will help keep you going.

I'm pretty good with the whole eating clean thing, you want to avoid packet stuff as best you can, replace anything refined with whole food versions, buy organic when you can/necessary (some non organic fruit and veggies are fine, just gotta know which ones are the most sprayed) cook at home as much as you can. If you're going to get take away you have to be very careful, nothing fried or oily, lots of veggies, lean protein source and complex carbohydrates source.
    I'm vegetarian so it helps me to avoid lots of crap food, my main sources of protein are legumes and grains, as well as free range eggs (I don't drink dairy milk or use butter but have small amounts of cheese)
    If you eat meat stick to lean chicken and fish, red meat is pretty bad for you. Game meat is great (Rabbit, deer) especially if it has been locally wild caught.

I've lost 42kg so far (almost 100lbs!) and have about 45 to go, I have done this through being active in daily life, doing between 40 and 80 minutes or Cardio a day, I don't drink anything apart from water, herbal tea, occasionally I will indulge with a small sugar free energy drink (I know they're terrible but it's very much a treat) and the occasional bubble tea as well.

Good luck on your journey and I shall try to post and be active on this forum and thread to help you out!

• ashambaugh101
    ashambaugh101 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also have 100 to lose and I'm just getting started on dieting and it's a struggle! I'm home all day with kids and I'm a stress eater! Anyone want to add me to help motivate each other please do!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. Consistency is the key to success