New Me Starts Today

Options
Hello. I am a 43 year old wife, mother and grandmother from Newark, Ohio who is looking to work on a new me starting today. I have tried many times to lose weight and always find it a struggle to the point where I give up. But not this time, I am determined to make it happen. I struggle with weak bones and joints making exercise difficult but I will find a way to overcome. I lost about 25 pounds using My Fitness Pal a couple of years ago so I know it works. I gained about 20 back and looking to lose around 75 this time around! I know it will be a long road but I also know I can do it if I really put my mind to it.

Please send me a friend request if you would like to join me in this journey so we can support each other. I know it is going to take lot of courage and support to make it happen!

Replies

• scockrell4ssak
    Options
    Hello, my name is Susan, and I am also 43, wife and mother of two teenagers 18 and 16. I am from Lexington, South Carolina. And I am looking to lose 65 pounds. I have tried to in the past with no success, but I need to, as it is affecting my health and life. I would like to be your partner and supporter, as well as have you to be mine.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kelly, I am 46, wife, Mom to 3 sons 11, 16, 20 working full time. I too have struggled to lose weight and have gain alot of it over the past 5 years. Hi my name is Kelly and I am an emotional eater.... ;) I have 4 herniated disk in my lower back and 3 in my neck along with degenerative disk disease... I live with chronic pain on a daily basis so I too have limited mobility to exercise but as you, just have to push through it and get this weight off... feel free to add me! Good Luck!
  • dbullemer
    dbullemer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    My name is Dawn. I am a 46 year old divorced mother of two (16 and almost 21). I have been struggling with weight issues since highschool. I have Diabetes, high blood pressure, and hypothyroidism. I also have mild neuropathy in my feet and ringing in my ears. I'm sick of feeling crappy all the time and need to get healthy. Also my niece is getting married in October and I want to look good and feel better by then. Would love for anyone interested to add me as a friend!
  • angels2013
    angels2013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 59. Lost 95. Have 40 more to go. I will be your cheerleader.
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi - 49 (nearly 50!) year old mum to three sons in their 20's. I have lost +60 lbs with MFP and am struggling a little at the minute with maintenance as I have gallbladder problems - its coming out in a few weeks - and also have a few other ailments. But I have to say that using MFP has been the best way of losing weight sensibly and consistently that I have ever found - and I have been on diets (badly) for over 35 years! If you are honest with logging your food intake, eat back some of your exercise calories (if you set your status to sedentary ONLY) and weigh your food rather than guessitmate then this site will help enormously.

I am on day 950 today and intend to carry on for a while yet as this is not a sprint but a journey for a long while. I put the weight on over 35 years - losing it and keeping it off is not gonna happen overnight!
    If you want to add me please do - and congratulations on making the decision that your body will thank you for :)