Can I build muscle on low carb?

i would like to loose belly fat but still build muscle. Is this possible can I drop of carbs ? What should I set my goals as far as protein,carbs , and fat. Summer is around the corner and I have been stuffing my face to bulk up and I didn't get 2 far only starting 6 months ago but can I still build muscle and lose fat ?

Replies

• Lots of people will say you can't do both. Lose weight and build muscle. I disagree and so does scientific literature. Personally I wouldn't get too focused on all this macros bs.

Unless your on the roids you are not going to suddenly get huge and muscular. Boston loyed on YouTube talks openly about steroid use, he says he put on 24lbs in one year of pure muscle. A natural lifter will get half that (approx). However, being natural you might not gain significant muscle but your strength can increase dramatically and with that, muscular shape plus reduced bf = you looking great for summer.

Keep it simple unless your a pro ready for bb competition. Make the conscious effort in choosing high protein food, and low carb - you know the deal. But eat some carbs, like a banana prior to your work out. You want your workout to be intense if you seek muscle hypertrophy. Also have a cup of strong coffee prior to your workout, it will increase exercise intensity and fat oxidisation.

The most important thing is, keep it simple, and be consistent. Work hard, diet clean, day after day (no cheat days) and you'll be ready for summer!

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    If you're "stuffing your face" to bulk, you will gain fat, not lose it. Focus on getting in good protein, lift heavy and eat at a moderate deficit to lose the fat, maintain muscle and maybe see if you can gain a bit of muscle.