Alternative to a rich dessert: Easy Graham Cracker Dessert

Options
RoxieDawn
RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
edited April 2015 in Recipes
I first found this dessert in a restaurant in my local town I make this often as it can be a low calorie or alternative to having a bowl of ice cream at night..

My family loves this dessert and gave it 5 stars for taste.. I gave it 5 stars for taste and preparation and of course 5 stars for making something everyone loves..

Easy Graham Cracker Cheesecake

About 17 sheets Graham Crackers if you make double decker
(low fat or regular)
8 oz Fat Free Cream Cheese
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 Cup skim milk (I used 2%)
1 box Jello Sugar Free Fat Free Vanilla Pudding
8 oz Light Cool Whip

Cream together cream cheese and lemon juice. Mix in milk and pudding mix. Fold in the cool whip after this the mixture will not be thick (it thickens in the fridge). Line a 9 x 13 pan or dish with graham crackers. Spread half of the mixture over the layer of graham crackers. There is enough mixture to make a second layer. Repeat first steps to add the second layer. Leave it in the fridge for about 6 hours or overnight so that the graham crackers get soft... then it is ready to serve.

If I had graham crackers I broke or had extra, I crumble it on top of the dessert for decoration and of course not waster food.

Also you can add fruit or a pie filling on top if you choose (I do not do this nor is it in the calories).

My nutrition is set up for 15 servings at 137 calories using my ingredients.

Replies

• Lillypearl62
    Lillypearl62 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Love dessert...I will give this a try. Thanks for sharing.
  • kchezelle
    kchezelle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Our cheesecake is even easier Tub of Cool whip, a bar of cream cheese mixed together and put in a graham cracker crust premade. 8 servings at 247 cals but would be less if you used reduced fat cream cheese. We originally put sugar in but, it didnt need it. I am in love with it!