22kg down, but not seeing a difference (pics)

Options
minties82
minties82 Posts: 907 Member
These pictures aren't from my highest weight to my lowest, sadly I didn't think to take any of when I was at my biggest.

I started out at 115kg on Jan 4th of this year. I'm now 93kg. Still morbidly obese but I have lost a couple of clothing sizes and feel a bit lighter on my feet.

These are from 107kg to 93kg. In the 107kg picture I am sucking my tummy in as hard as possible. Yeah, I know my underwear is terrible. I only had granny undies then and a maternity singlet. I now fit underwear and bras from regular shops, but had a pilonidal abscess removed from my butt crack recently so sporting new granny undies. Also I have a bad overhang obviously from being overweight and having had 2 c-sections doesn't help. My stomach was actually hanging down to touch my things at 107kg.

I'm just asking for a little help here...can anyone see ANY difference? If so, where?

Thanks so much. Gulp...here goes...

fp5jrk.jpg

Replies

• LissaT82
    LissaT82 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Big difference! I can see it in your hips, tummy, ankles and especially your shoulders! Awesome job!
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Your tummy has definitely changed! Great work! Xx
  • mrjcline420
    mrjcline420 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I can see a big difference.
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Totally! Look at your side, like if you were going to outline yourself. You have definitely slimmed down! Nice work!!! You can do it!!!!
  • shezza4mobee
    shezza4mobee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    there's a difference! Your hips most of all. Your arms are also closer to your chest and your shoulders are thinner too. And your tummy is tighter in the last pic even though you said you were sucking it in in the first.
    You're doing awesome!
    We are always our own worst critics and sometimes, that's the hardest habit to break! Don't give in/up!
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I see a difference, great job!
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Quite a difference! Bravo for showing these, btw. Keep up the hard work! :)
  • ashleyadeline
    ashleyadeline Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    There is a serious difference here! I can see it in the stomach the most! You should be so stoked! The fact that you are now able to fit in smaller clothes and you feel lighter on your feet is huge! Good work! Be proud of yourself and keep going. I don't even know you and I'm proud! (:
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I see a big difference in your stomach area. Good job! :)
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Awe thanks so much! I've still got a good 40kg to go but at least others can see a difference.

I bought some new clothes on the weekend and all the stuff in the "fat" section was too baggy. I got XL from the regular ladies area!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Fantastic difference, well done!
  • DeannaCoersCarter
    DeannaCoersCarter Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I can see a huge difference. Keep up the great work!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    You look smaller, yes. Keep it up!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Huge difference in the hips, less tummy, upper arms are thinner too.

Notice how the arm that isn't holding the camera looks longer in the after pic? That's because it now has less body to get past.

And sorry to hear about the pilonidal... they're nasty things, I had one done when I was 16. But it has never reoccurred, thankfully (my father's has).
  • sandryc79
    sandryc79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Tons of difference, my body is very similar to your "before" photo. Everything pretty much looks smaller and I am betting you feel more room in your clothing. Nice job!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Lots of difference! We had the same starting weight and a similar current one, may I look so good!
  • somesie
    somesie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Big difference, everywhere. Keep up the great work!
  • minniemickey
    minniemickey Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I do see a difference in tummy and shoulder area. Great work!!
  • jokamaiale
    jokamaiale Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You are definitely narrower. Less hips and less stomach for sure! Well done!
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I can see it in your calves! Calf? Keep at it and we'll being seeing it other places too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!