Needs good food for losing weight Breakfast/lunch/dinner

Options
2»

Replies

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    "I can't back up my claims, so I will just act like a pompous turd. Yeah, that's the ticket!"
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote:
    Well, I attempted to debate science with her, she decided to babble instead.

Completely false.

peachyfuzzle wrote:
    "I can't back up my claims, so I will just act like a pompous turd. Yeah, that's the ticket!"

There, there. I'm sure if you just start offering evidence for your claims, people will stop thinking that your tendency to pompously nay say them is turd-like behavior.

• DeannaCoersCarter
    DeannaCoersCarter Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I used to (and still could) eat like this. What makes this tolerable for me is thinking it through. So...
    1. Stay within your calories.
    2. Eat what you want, if you're craving pancakes from McDonald's, go for it but plan around them. The same goes with pizza.
    3. Try to get the vast majority of the weight off and then plan to exercise so it's that much easier for you.
    4. Remember to make this a lifestyle.
    5. This IS NOT A DIET. It is what you are always going to do.
    6. Add friends on here. They're the best support you could possibly have and you can definitely use the support. They'll build you up and tell you when you have done wrong. Most people on here are willing to let you know how you are doing. Just add some people. Go to my profile and go through my friends list or add me. My friends list is compiled with people who will hold you accountable. Soon, seeing them change themselves will inspire you to change what you do.

That's how I'm doing it, anyway.

On a side note, Zumba is really fun. I have a playlist of videos to exercise to. If you want it, just message me. I'm more than willing to help any time. :wink:
  • DeannaCoersCarter
    DeannaCoersCarter Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You can also look at my diary to see what I eat. I eat wayyyy too much sodium BUT I have cut down my calories and that's a start. Everything I eat, you can get at any Walmart. I work and go to college so my budget isn't the highest. My meals are just suggestions to what you could do with the meals.
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    JimFsfitnesspal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I have a few suggestions for you. First, to rev up your metabolism, you need to eat smaller meals more often. Going too long between eating sort of tells your body you might be in a famine situation, which triggers a slow-down in metabolism. Instead of two meals a day, try breaking that up into 4-6 meals (which, ok, tend to end up more like substantial snacks). Not only does that increase metabolism in and of itself, but maybe you are like me; when I wait too long between meals, when I finally do eat, I feel extra hungry and end up eating more. When I eat more often, before getting seriously hungry, it is easier to make rational decisions about what kinds of foods my body needs for fuel and repairing itself.

One reason for switching up what you eat is that the wider variety of foods we eat, the wider range of nutrients we get from those foods. For example oranges and strawberries are both lovely, healthy fruits and I would not care to say one is better nutrition than the other. But if you choose to eat only one and rarely eat the other, you miss out on some vitamins and minerals. Likewise, if you eat both strawberries and oranges, but never eat apples, you are missing out on some other things. Mind you, I tend to buy a container of strawberries, and eat from that for a few days. Then I get a bag of oranges, and eat those until they are gone. Then I get some apples... plums... nectarines... grapes. One fruit at a time, but switching it up over time.

For breakfast, I suggest you start with something with a little more protein. Greek style yogurt can be very tasty, and has some protein to it, so that paired with a serving of fruit and an ounce of nuts can be very tasty as well as healthy. Or try a couple of eggs and a piece of whole grain toast. Peaches and cottage cheese or ricotta cheese with apple and cinnamon - (cut up a small apple, microwave on high for 1 minute, sprinkle on cinnamon and 1 packet artificial sweetener, then stir in 1/4 cup ricotta cheese).

You will want to try to eat every 3-4 hours. Try to work in 3-5 (or more, more is good - my own goal is 5-8) servings of vegetables. The simplest meal you can make is a salad - try to avoid iceberg lettuce - romaine or any other variety or blend have so much more nutrition to them. So, salad, plus whatever other fresh veggies you like to add - tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers (red, yellow and orange as well as green - the flavors are different), radishes, carrots, celery, whatever you like. Then add some cooked, diced chicken breast, and measure your salad dressing (lite zesty Italian style dressings add lots of flavor so can be a good choice). So that's one more meal.

For another meal, try making soup or stew - meat, poultry, or beans plus lots of veggies - that you can then eat from for several days. Either add some whole grain like barley or brown rice to the soup, or have whole grain crackers with it.

Another meal could be a sandwich on "sandwich skinny" thin buns, whole grain/lite bread, or pita pockets. Or a string cheese, plus some raw veggies, and a serving of fruit.

You like pizza - me too. I love pizza. I make pizza for myself on a Flatout thin crust, using lean ground beef, Hunt's Zesty and Spicy spaghetti sauce, and bunch of veggies on top. A measured portion of shredded Parmesan cheese gives a delicious flavor and not quite as much fat as some other cheese. So that could be another meal.

Do watch the "extras" you add to things. Read labels to determine serving sizes and then take the time to measure. Salad dressings, croutons, bacon bits, cheese - they can all add something special to a salad or other dish, but if you over-do it, you just pile on the calories.

Completely false.

Can YOU show some evidence that it is false??
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    Options
    jmeprich wrote: »
    woodygotem wrote: »
    What im eating currently daily, is McDonald's 3Pancakes w/1 Syrup & 1Butter for breakfast, then in the later eat a whole pizza! by myself DiGeno pizza, I believe... Im cutting the pizza out of the diet :wink: So I use to eat only Twice a day, And work at home, so I barely go outside

i'm not trying to be rude, but is this a joke? pancakes + pizza + inactivity = recipe for disaster. i would immediately start researching healthier recipes of the foods you like to eat and then learning to cook everything yourself. portion control is key. and get outside! walk every day. i think these changes alone will make a huge difference (If this post is even serious).

I was trying to form words for my reply, but this says it all...
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    Options
    I have a few suggestions for you. First, to rev up your metabolism, you need to eat smaller meals more often. Going too long between eating sort of tells your body you might be in a famine situation, which triggers a slow-down in metabolism.

Hogwash, and horse apples.

Do not read past the second sentence.

I thought it was pretty reasonable. I do not understand your objection.

However the original post was ridiculous and did not need a tenth of the words in reply.
  • WindSparrow
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Sorry, didn't mean to hit post.....
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I suggest using the app religiously. I support eating what you like. I also support exercise to eat more of what you like. Purchase a heart rate monitor, hit your macros, enjoy what you eat, and weigh and log everything. There is absolutely no need to deprive yourself.
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    MrM27 wrote:

Completely false.

peachyfuzzle wrote:

There, there. I'm sure if you just start offering evidence for your claims, people will stop thinking that your tendency to pompously nay say them is turd-like behavior.

You've lost 0lbs, with "230lbs to go", and you're lecturing people and giving advice? Is this a joke?
  • CADAVER0USB0N3S
    CADAVER0USB0N3S Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    woodygotem wrote: »
    Hello, I DECIDED! not to give up on losing weight, im not trying to look good for the summer, I want to do it to be in a better shape! Weight Unknown, last time I was at that doctors, it was like 290 plus.. We did test to check and see if I had diabetes or something.. all good... and I want to keep it that way

And I need some foods that I can eat daily, I have no problem eating the same foods everyday
    If you suggest switching it up, tell me why

What im eating currently daily, is McDonald's 3Pancakes w/1 Syrup & 1Butter for breakfast, then in the later eat a whole pizza! by myself DiGeno pizza, I believe... Im cutting the pizza out of the diet :wink: So I use to eat only Twice a day, And work at home, so I barely go outside

What I plan to do, is a lot of in house exercise and a have good food diet, leave suggestions in reply

Oh I can cook, if needed

First off, I would suggest only having McDonalds or Pizza once per week. Usually it doesn't work well to completely cut something out of your diet, but if you slowly lower it to once a week or twice per month it is a lot easier. Everything is OK in moderation. Maybe, instead of eating the whole pizza, eat half the pizza one day and the other half the next day. Also I would suggest cooking your meals. It is much healthier and you will get a variety of needed nutrition. Some examples: Baked salmon with roasted vegetables on the side, with a side salad. (dressing made with greek yogurt is really good, or balsamic vinaigrette etc) Also chicken, lean steak, and other types of fish are good proteins. Make a batch of hard boiled eggs and then eat them throughout the week as a snack. I like yogurt and string cheese as snacks too, as well as almonds, trail mix etc. I like to use Pinterest to find healthy meal ideas for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and a lot of the times you can just print it out so you have your recipe and shopping list all in one :) I also agree with the person that said to avoid "light/low fat" versions of foods. usually those have a bunch of added preservatives, sugars, and unhealthy stuff thats worse for you than if you were to just have the full fat version. Like I said its about moderation. I would get a food scale so that you can get an idea of what actual portion sizes look like. I can pretty much estimate 3 oz of chicken etc now that Ive been using a food scale for so long.

As for exercise I would start off slowly with like a 10-15 minute walk after dinner or in the morning, because exercising can be pretty hard on your body when you are that overweight. Maybe do some light weight lifting to build muscle. I could go on and on, message me if you have any questions :)

Also ignore the haters on here, there are a lot of mean and negative people.
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    Options
    MrM27 wrote:

Completely false.

peachyfuzzle wrote:

You've lost 0lbs, with "230lbs to go", and you're lecturing people on what advice is and is not to give? Is this a joke?

Agree. Look at the diary... scary.
  • WindSparrow
    edited April 2015
    Options
    JimFsfitnesspal wrote:
    KrissyMuree wrote:
    You've lost 0lbs, with "230lbs to go", and you're lecturing people and giving advice? Is this a joke?

You're adorable. I've spent more time dieting than you have spent breathing.

You've lost 0lbs, with "230lbs to go", and you're lecturing people on what advice is and is not to give? Is this a joke?

Agree. Look at the diary... scary.[/quote]

I know, right? The amount of food I have to consume in order to lose weight is utterly terrifying. The first time I quit restricting calories, I lost 50 lbs. But I couldn't keep it up. It is hard work to eat enough; I just got tired of eating all the time. Plus there's that whole "who wants to feed something that is so disgusting?" thing. I mean, as horrified as you two are about my disgusting, hideous existence, I hate it so much more than you can ever imagine. I don't want to take care of it - what I want to do is punish it.

But don't let the 0 pounds lost bit fool you. When I really eat the way I'm supposed to, the fat comes off. I don't own a scale, so there are no weekly weigh-ins. My clothes are looser, that's progress.
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    Options
    JimFsfitnesspal wrote:
    KrissyMuree wrote:

You're adorable. I've spent more time dieting than you have spent breathing.

Agree. Look at the diary... scary.

I know, right? The amount of food I have to consume in order to lose weight is utterly terrifying. The first time I quit restricting calories, I lost 50 lbs. But I couldn't keep it up. It is hard work to eat enough; I just got tired of eating all the time. Plus there's that whole "who wants to feed something that is so disgusting?" thing. I mean, as horrified as you two are about my disgusting, hideous existence, I hate it so much more than you can ever imagine. I don't want to take care of it - what I want to do is punish it.

But don't let the 0 pounds lost bit fool you. When I really eat the way I'm supposed to, the fat comes off. I don't own a scale, so there are no weekly weigh-ins. My clothes are looser, that's progress.
    [/quote]

I think she was referring to another person.
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    Options
    To answer the original question, most of my meals are less than 200 calories. Limit carbs, limit sugars, portion CONTROL. I could give you specific meals but the OP is not ready for that.
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Not worth my time.
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    For real? Hmm. Why the McDonalds breakfast everyday? And pizza every day? Sure, you could still eat these in smaller portions and be within MFP recommended calories but you're getting so much fat, sugar and salt and barely any fruit and veg.

I love eggs for breakfast, they fill me up and taste good but are high in protein. Have an omelet with mushrooms and tomato.

For lunch you could make vegetable soup (gazillions of combinations of veg out there) with a bread roll.

For tea have a plate of food with a third veg, a third carbs (potato, pasta, couscous, noodles etc) and a protein (chicken, pork, beef etc).

Snack on fruit, nuts, berries, yoghurt.

But really you can eat anything as long as it's in the daily limit myfitnesspal sets and lose weight. You'll be allowed way more than me (my husband is twice my size so I know this) and there is zero reason to be hungry. You'll save a fortune!

Prepare your own food, record and track it all. It's better for you insides, your skin, everything - you need to get more good stuff in you!

No need to stop pizza totally but it's treat food. Especially if you're eating greasy, heavy fast food shop versions. You could try making your own from scratch.

You don't mention exercise... You don't have to join a gym. Find something that fits your life and you'll stick at it. I walk our dog daily and most days do a 30 minute cycle on our spin bike at home - I watch my favourite telly shows while I'm doing it.