Hi from MS! Sickie getting back to fitness. Looking for friends :)

hbarnesccs
hbarnesccs Posts: 59 Member
edited April 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, MFP world!

My name is Heather. I am a 25 year old school-teacher from Mississippi. I'm also active in community and dinner theatre in the area. I love books, cats, and cooking.

I have been sick on and off my whole life. The worst was two years ago when I was hospitalized for an Ulcerative Colitis flareup and a double pulmonary emboli at the same time. I was scared to exercise for about a year afterwards, and then I moved and began my career and unhealthy eating and exercising habits began.

I am not excessively overweight. I weigh 158.5 pounds and am 5'6. I am looking to lose 18-20 pounds and just start a healthy lifestyle. I ran track and cross-country in high school, and am starting back with Couch to 5K at the moment. I am joining a gym next month and am looking to add weights into my regime as well.

I'd love some friends to hold me accountable and chat about running and diets! I am not on a specific diet, but am watching my calories and trying to eat a bit cleaner. So nice to meet you all!

Replies

• mrjekill
    mrjekill Posts: 2 Member
    Hi there. I found out recently that I have ulcerative colitis also. I'm trying to adjust to this new lifestyle of eating better and healthier.
  • dramos1961
    dramos1961 Posts: 81 Member
    Heather just stay active! Add me of you'd like. GL