Options
socrates02
socrates02 Posts: 143 Member
how bad are mc donald fries ?

Replies

• bmarie612
    bmarie612 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    French fries are one of the worst foods you can eat... plus Mcdonalds has the saltiest fries... so they are BAD BAD BAD.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Depends on how bad you need/want to eat them. Is this a treat, are you going to be upset afterwards, that's the question you need to ask yourself?
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    You can look up the "nutritional" info on their website... Truly it's about deciding if it's what you really want to eat, does it fit into your overall plan, is it a treat/cheat day or meal, what else will you eat today/tomorrow, are you exercising, etc etc...

Are they "good for you"? From an overall nutritional viewpoint, not at all... From the "it's life and once in a while you gotta have a treat" viewpoint, one serving is probably not going to derail you depending on where you are in the journey.

Just remember: "SMALL treats keep you sane, Big treats keep you big!" :smile:
  • socrates02
    Options
    yes you are all right !!!!!1:sad:
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Birdfood...
  • phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    They are probably killers because of the fat content, but I can give you a real positive side for them. They are the only fast food french fries that are gluten free because they are not cross-contaminated by the frying of other flour-based products in the same oil. How's that for a justification to eat "bad" foods!
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I love Mcdonald's fries. But have only had them when on vacation since starting here. One way to avoid all the salt they layer them with is make a request for an order of fries with no salt. I've always done that. Guarantees you fresh hot fries without the added sodium particularly when I had high blood pressure.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    how bad are mc donald fries ?

bad.... and yet sooooo good :tongue:
  • gfroniewski
    gfroniewski Posts: 168
    Options
    There is nothing good about McDonald's fries. They taste good though lol.. fries are my biggest challenge when eating healthy. Now that I have discovered sweet potato fries though... :)
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I like the taste of mcdonalds but its hard for me to eat it because it is the worst face of the fast food industry.

chipotle and chik fil a are different but I cant eat mcdonalds anymore... maybe if I am really trashed I can
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I just heard they increased the size of their fries and now they have a calorie count of something like 1200 calories for a large order of fries. Not only that but they mix sugar into the fry salt, making them even more addictive.
    It's deep fried fat and salt ... there is no nutritional value ....garbage in, garbage out... put better stuff in your body and you'll be surprised what you can get out of it
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I like the taste of mcdonalds but its hard for me to eat it because it is the worst face of the fast food industry.

chipotle and chik fil a are different but I cant eat mcdonalds anymore... maybe if I am really trashed I can

I can't do McDonalds at all. I've never really been big on fast food...I'm really snobby when it comes to food actually. We hit up a McDonalds on a road trip a couple of months ago just as a something quick on the road...I hadn't had McDonalds in about 2 or 3 years and I was pretty much needing to **** within' 20 minutes of eating my "meal." Needless to say, I just don't do McDonalds.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options

I can't do McDonalds at all. I've never really been big on fast food...I'm really snobby when it comes to food actually. We hit up a McDonalds on a road trip a couple of months ago just as a something quick on the road...I hadn't had McDonalds in about 2 or 3 years and I was pretty much needing to **** within' 20 minutes of eating my "meal." Needless to say, I just don't do McDonalds.

I used to eat triple cheeseburger meals when I was 13.... used to be fat...
  • lisamarie1780
    Options

I used to eat triple cheeseburger meals when I was 13.... used to be fat...

wow how often did you eat them?!
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    : I found a cure for craving Mcdonalds. I met my ex there & the break up was so bad that 23 years later I STILL cant eat there:laugh:
  • blackeraser
    Options
    If your gonna eat them just as a treat its fine. But in general they're SUPER BAD for you if you eat them all the time.
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    They are the WORST thing you can eat......

cold.
  • lisamarie1780
    Options
    : I found a cure for craving Mcdonalds. I met my ex there & the break up was so bad that 23 years later I STILL cant eat there:laugh:

that's funny... and sad... all at the same time :laugh:
  • socrates02
    Options
    that would do it :laugh:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    if you don't eat them that often, nothing is wrong with them. it all depends on context. You're not going to drop dead from a heart attack or get obese from eating mcdonalds fries once in a while. If you eat them for 3 meals a day 7 days a week though, yes you probably would end up dropping dead from a heart attack.

Personally, if I eat junk food, I'll leave out the fries and just have a burger or something else that contains protein. That's because I don't enjoy the fries all that much and they're a waste of calories. At least the burgers and stuff have protein in. That's my choice though. However if someone finds that eating McDonalds fries once in a while helps them to stay on track with the healthy eating the rest of the time, then I'd say go for it.