Options
2»

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    SarahJobe wrote: »
    What is TDEE and BMR?

sarah check out this link, just plug in your stats. Or Google tdee/bmr calculators

http://www.weightloss-calculator.net/ultimate-weight-loss-calculator-metric/

• Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    SarahJobe wrote: »
    I am eating very healthy and tracking every tiny thing, but my fat is so high ( all healthy fats ) but still I don't know how it's so high, what do you eat that gives you protein with out a lot of fat. I love all nuts, avocados, cool with olive oil never really eat cheese, drink low fat almond, hummus ect. You get the point. How to get more proteins and less fat and more fiber ??
    I can't see your diary, but if you've lowered your carb levels, then that leaves protein and fats as your calorie intake.

• Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Your percentages look ok to me, I shoot for 10% carbs, 25% protein and 65% fat.
  • SarahJobe
    SarahJobe Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I thought I made it public :( ok thank you!
  • determined_14
    determined_14 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    When I first started tracking on here, I left the macro settings at default, ignored them, and just tracked what I normally eat. After a week or so, I observed that about half of what I eat on any given day is fat. So I adjusted that macro to 45%. Then I followed the rule of thumb about 1g protein for every pound lean body mass, which put my protein macro (ballpark) around 25%. I fill the rest with carbs. It doesn't come out perfect every day, but I don't worry about it much.
    (I sometimes smile and think that all our obsessing about perfectly balancing our diet ratios is definitely a first-world problem! We humans are tremendously adaptable and can survive on just about anything; a few grams under or over of any particular thing is probably not going to hurt you. ;) )