Caffeine headaches

Options
Some one PLEASE tell me that these end soon, Ive been drinking 1 liter a day of Mt dew for at least the past year, yesterday I stopped cold turkey. And now 3000 angry midgets with ball peen hammers are trying to escape out the back of my skull.
Im not even sure how they all got in there , but they really need to stop.

Replies

• NeverGiveUpKMV
    NeverGiveUpKMV Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good for you for giving that up!

Just hang in there, I used to be in a similar boat. Drinking an energy drink every morning and caffeine throughout the day for around 2 years.

I too, stopped cold turkey. The next day sucked and it was hard! It will feel better soon, and then you'll wonder why you even drank it!

Best of luck, you can do it :smiley:
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Drink some coffee? Tea?
  • jonathansilas1984
    jonathansilas1984 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ive had a cup of coffee and 2 cups of green tea.... not helping. Im considering buying a packet of nodoze to wean off with. Jesus christ I sound like a crack head.
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    This too shall pass - and more quickly than you expect. Hang in there. Be sure to drink plenty of water. That was really helpful to me when I stopped drinking caffeine.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I did cold turkey once and it was horrible. After going back to cola, I decided to stop and instead of going cold turkey I decided to go with caffeinated mints instead - 3 are equal to a can of cola but with only 5 calories instead of 140. I can't stand the taste of diet pop but I would say if you are just giving it up for the calories and don't mind the taste then go with diet. Or do it gradually - cold turkey from having a liter a day is really going to be tough. I only stopped because I would rather eat my calories (not a sugar issue - just would rather save the calories for gelato) so if that isn't an issue you could probably go gradual and be ok.