Breastfeeding Sample Day 1,900-2,100 cals

Options
I just started MFP today and am breastfeeding exclusively so targeting 1,900 cals (including the 500 burned from nursing) and in some days will have a few hundred more from exercising. I am focused on eating whole, unprocessed food and limiting grains to two whole grain servings a day.

Anyone out there in a similar boat that's willing to share their diary or what a sample day might look like? I have no clue what to eat to get past 1,600 cals and still be healthy/balanced. Way too much fat today. Thank you!!

Replies

• jen17fh3
    jen17fh3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jenna. I am breastfeeding my 12 month old & strive to eat whole, unprocessed foods. I can't eat dairy or eggs. I've never been a calorie counter, but I'm going to give it a try. I just joined this app today, so I can share a sample day of eating with you once I log some days. Feel free to share ideas with me, too.
  • roadhousegypsy
    roadhousegypsy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am also a bf mom looking for the same :)
  • FunUsername
    FunUsername Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Am well impressed. Well done. Finished breastfeeding now a couple of years. Breastfed for 3.5 years in total ..... only writing to say if ye plan to long term BF ... a couple of things ... nutritional deficiencies need to watched out for. If you don't eat much meat ... supplement with a good b12 complex .. recommend Ferroglobin B12. Vital. I won't go into details eh.

Also find calcium substitute. .. fortified cereals maybe and vit D vital also. Careful with soy (unless fermented) products as thyroid can be affected.

Honestly wouldn't want what happened to me, happen to anyone.

Enjoy ... wish I had found this app then.
    Also wish it had more nutritional info :)
  • laliz87
    laliz87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same here breastfeeding my 10 month old baby exclusively since birth. Trying to loose weight safely. :)