Solutions for craving chocolate?

Options
I'm craving chocolate hardcore. And when I crave it like this, I know it won't go away until I eat a mass amount of chocolate.
Trying to watch my calories I looked into how much each chocolate I was purchasing would cost me for the day, and they add up quick.

Any one have any tricks on getting this craving to go away without breaking my calories?

Replies

• BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Moderation and taking the time to savor the good stuff. Don't be distracted when you indulge.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Eat the chocolate. Buy a bag of individual pieces, take one or two out, and close it up.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    When I crave it, I eat it - generally a good, high precent dark chocolate, and I measure out a portion that fits into my goals, and eat it with a portion of raw almonds. They taste great together, I take small bites and let it melt in my mouth, and it's very satisfying.
  • giannigreco83
    giannigreco83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    homemade protein ice cream........i can give you the recipe if you want....230 cals with no sugar and 25 gr of protein
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat chocolate. The key here is moderation.
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I buy the bags with little individual bars in them - average about 80-90 calories. Always make sure I get quality choc. Always pre-log my days and leave room for one, but I've noticed over time that some nights I just didn't want it, found myself reaching for some almonds instead. The last few days don't count of course :smile:
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I used to be like that. Try only having dark chocolate available. It takes some getting used to but it wont leave u craving more since it has a stronger flavor. Atleast thats my experience
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Get the really really good stuff. It's so darned expensive, you can only afford a couple pieces every week. Ha-ha!

Also, Ovaltine + espresso + fat-free Reddiwhip = relatively low calorie mocha. :smiley:
  • Allgoingtomakeit
    Options
    As mentioned, go for dark chocolate. Very high in anti oxidants. Plus as its rich you may find you won't eat as much as you might with milk chocolate.

Or do what I do. Dont buy any or have it in the house. You win, chocolate loses!
  • alexistexas33
    alexistexas33 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    quaker oats chewy chocolate bar
    100 calories
    or
    pudding cups
  • kriswantstoloose
    Options
    I drink something sweet, not like coke or anything more like a protein chocolate shake. I drink the Core power or something like that. It has 26g of protein and minimal amount of sugar but it's so choloately and sweet...it awesome. if you cool it tastes like a chocolate milk shake. It's 240 cals and it fills you up as well.
    However, sometimes I just eat the chocolate and call it a day. Some days you just gotta have some chocolate.
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm craving chocolate hardcore. And when I crave it like this, I know it won't go away until I eat a mass amount of chocolate.
    Trying to watch my calories I looked into how much each chocolate I was purchasing would cost me for the day, and they add up quick.

Any one have any tricks on getting this craving to go away without breaking my calories?
    Try a magnesium supplement, that's a mineral that is contained in dark chocolate, and many (or most?) people are low in magnesium. A good one to try is CALM....tastes really good and easy to take and absorb.
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    AmyRhubarb wrote: »
    When I crave it, I eat it - generally a good, high precent dark chocolate, and I measure out a portion that fits into my goals, and eat it with a portion of raw almonds. They taste great together, I take small bites and let it melt in my mouth, and it's very satisfying.

This ! :)
  • KatieMusselwhite92113
    Options
    I incorporate chocolate into breakfast so those calories count toward a meal and a chocolate craving haha. I have a chocolatey protein bar for breakfast almost every morning. Sometimes I also have a chocolatey snack in the afternoon or after dinner. Chocaholics unite! :)
  • beachlandia
    beachlandia Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge chocolate lover. When I am craving it I will usually eat things that are chocolate-y but aren't just little pieces of chocolate (chocolate frozen yogurt, sugar free jello pudding, protein shake/bars, cereal, etc.).
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options

I still eat tons of chocolate throughout the day, just now it's in different forms. It used to all be in the form of candy bars and ice cream.

Now, I'll eat a chocolate brownie protein bar (170 calories), sugar free chocolate pudding (60 calories), a fudge sicle (40 calories), a square of Ghirardelli chocolate (70 calories)

I just mix these choices up :)
  • hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    There are some foods I know I will overindulge in if they are around. If you can limit your chocolate then it won't hurt you to fit it into your calories, but if you know you are setting yourself up for disaster then maybe try swapping it for some chocolate pudding, hot chocolate, Chobani flip yogurts with the chocolate pieces, special k chocolate cereal, etc. All of those things can be easily fit into your diet and may help take the edge off of your cravings.
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    homemade protein ice cream........i can give you the recipe if you want....230 cals with no sugar and 25 gr of protein

I eat chocolate and ice cream every day.

I would like to have this recipe please :smile:
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate, but I make sure ive earned it by working at the gym. It finds a natural balance when you realise just how much exercise you have to do to burn enough calories for one chocolate bar.

Am sure people have mentioned putting it in the fridge so it becomes hard.

There ar other threads if you use the search function with peoples go to alternatives.
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Chocolate almond milk...kills the craving and you get the added benefit of calcium too.