Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Looking for motivation

stixypix
stixypix Posts: 32 Member
I am usually a very private person but I am looking for some motivational friends who are on the same journey toward fitness. I just turned 35 and I have a 9 year old daughter. My eating habits have started to rub off on her and I am worried that she will grow up to be overweight just like me. I currently am tipping the scale at 203 lbs, to make it worse I am only 5 ft tall. My goal is to be around 135 or 140. I can sit here and make all kinds of excuses about why I am overweight but the real reason is my lack of motivation. I have been a member of MFP for a long time but I am horrible about using it. I am in my last month of college and I have decided not to walk at graduation due to my weight. I decided to go back to school only after I met my fiance. I have delayed our wedding and pulled away from any social life that I once had. I will soon be a certified teacher and I will have to present myself with confidence and professionalism, I decided that now is the best time to start working off the excess weight that is dragging me down. I spend hours looking at fitness blogs and workout routines but that's as far as I go. I would love to have MFP friends to encourage and motivate me on a daily basis. Please feel free to send me a friend request.

Replies

• in_faith
    in_faith Posts: 42 Member
    edited April 2015
    I have more than 100 lbs to lose.. My journey back to proper health and weight is underway! Best wishes to you. Please add me anyone.. And I you.
  • stixypix
    stixypix Posts: 32 Member
    The past couple of days have been great. I have gained many new MFP friends and I like being held accountable for my daily choices.