1200cals a day challenge!

Options
ynarmous
ynarmous Posts: 34 Member
edited April 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Good day everyone! I am new here! And I am trying to do 1200 cals a day challenge, I started yesterday but it was not as good as I expected I was able to consume 1500cals. SO I am trying to try to be more uptight with 1200cals a day. My current weight is 135lbs and my goal weight is 115lbs. I am only 5'3. And I will try to do exercise 3-4x a week. I was up 145lbs last summer however I lost weight by doing insanity workout by Shaun T for 2 months with no diet. But was able to maintain my weight throughout the year. Now I am highly motivated again and wants to lose more until I reach my goal weight. Join me in my journey and lets motivate one another! :)
n7u79ug9wkv8.jpg

By the way thats my before and after photo. The first photo was taken 2010 in my prom night, that is probably my biggest I looked like I just gave birth when I was just a 16year old. The other photo was when I lost weight, last year, yes I am toned I have little abs because I did insanity workout for 2 months that even if I didn't reduce what I eat, I actually ate alot during that time, I still lost weight and looked toned but still heavy.

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat at 1500 cal a day? I just plugged your stats into a calculator and you will lose weight on that.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to challenge someone to eat 1200 calories a day?

It's not really an accomplishment.
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Why not just eat at 1500 cal a day? I just plugged your stats into a calculator and you will lose weight on that.

• rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    First, great job on your weight loss. You seem active and young. 1200 cal/day is really low for an active woman. Try eating 1500 cal day as what they've suggested.
  • steffaniexo
    steffaniexo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You really don't want to consume 1200 calories a day. I consume a bit less than 1200 if I'm having a good day. Eating 1200 is really nothing, you feel so tired and weak. Just eat healthly.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    It would be a challenge for me to not kill anyone if I just ate 1200 calories. Does that count?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Ryudori wrote: »
    It would be a challenge for me to not kill anyone if I just ate 1200 calories. Does that count?

me too...wow

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Where did you get 1,200 as a goal?
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options

mc7raemjeahv.gif

I'd starve to death on 1200 calories a day.

I'm 5'2" and 108 lbs, and I eat 1775 calories per day at maintenance. 1200 calories is way too low for you, especially if you're working out 3-4x per week.
  • shannonmaines
    shannonmaines Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Take a look at this article...1200 calories is the absolute minimum calories a woman can consume without the body suffering negative consequences... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sophia-herbst/1200-calories_b_4816597.html
  • shannonmaines
    shannonmaines Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Take a look at this article...1200 calories is the absolute minimum calories a woman can consume without the body suffering negative consequences... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sophia-herbst/1200-calories_b_4816597.html

so your one post was this? interesting

Gotta start somewhere, right? I just started posting in the community...not really sure what you get out of knocking my 1st post but hey whatever makes you happy :smile:

• mbarton85
    mbarton85 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i am at generally the same current weight and also want to be around 115/120 (also 5'3"). my goal daily is 1200 calories, but I usually eat more than that. MFP set my calories at that level when I signed up. 1200 at least gives you some parameters. If it were set higher, I would likely go above THAT calorie goal, so 1200 goal gives me some wiggle room. don't beat yourself up when you go over 1200 :)
  • ynarmous
    Options
    Thank you for you comments. But when I signed up on MFP what I have to eat for the day is set to 1200 cals, so I taught I just have to follow it. I actually haven't tried complying with it yet. The first day I was able to consume 1500cals a day, yesterday I was able to consume about 1350cals. Im asian so I eat rice twice a day and it really help keeps me full for long.
  • ynarmous
    Options

Thanks for this! I already read it. It was so hard for me to consume just 1200cals a day, I usually go up to 1500cals. But here on MFP it is set to 1200cals/day when I signed up.. So I thought I just had to follow it.
  • ynarmous
    Options
    Where did you get 1,200 as a goal?

I got that on MFP, it was set to that when I signed up lol
  • ynarmous
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

I am trying to do the 20lbs down challenge by 4th of July! :)
  • ynarmous
    Options
    First, great job on your weight loss. You seem active and young. 1200 cal/day is really low for an active woman. Try eating 1500 cal day as what they've suggested.

Thanks for your reply. But thats what I saw on my MFP account when I signed up... So I just thought I would follow it. Although its hard and I always exceed up to 1500cals...
  • musicandarts
    musicandarts Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    The guidelines have been reset. You may want to go back to MFP goals re-enter your weight and goals. 1200 per day is not recommended as everyone else says. Go up to 1500 or more, and exercise a bit off.
  • savvyfantastic
    savvyfantastic Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your journey so far!

As others have pointed out, you managed a significant change with only 3-4 days a week of exercise and without changing your diet. Rather than significantly changing your diet, why not instead make some small tweaks to your current diet (1500 calories, maybe mix up the macros, even try slightly lifting it a little) and see where that takes you? You don't need to subject yourself to 1200 calories straight away when you already have results progressing.

I train 4 times a week or so and am only dropping below 1200 calories two weeks away from my first bodybuilding comp. It is hell. I would not recommend it to anyone.
  • kailifr
    kailifr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to follow the 1 200 cal per day. I started 2 days ago, so far I feel fine, I don't feel hungry, I drink a lot and even have snacks!
  • ynarmous
    Options
    Congratulations on your journey so far!

As others have pointed out, you managed a significant change with only 3-4 days a week of exercise and without changing your diet. Rather than significantly changing your diet, why not instead make some small tweaks to your current diet (1500 calories, maybe mix up the macros, even try slightly lifting it a little) and see where that takes you? You don't need to subject yourself to 1200 calories straight away when you already have results progressing.

I train 4 times a week or so and am only dropping below 1200 calories two weeks away from my first bodybuilding comp. It is hell. I would not recommend it to anyone.

Thank you for your reply! Would it be okay if I lift it to 1500cals/day if my goal is to lose 20lbs by 4th of July? That is actually my challenge to myself thats why I am trying to do this. Plus Im hitting the beach on the first week of May. I don't know what is the computation for it. I just followed what the MFP gave and the fitness first recommended. 1200cals/day. So.. Thats it.