Gaining back weight instead loosing

Options
zkauser77
zkauser77 Posts: 8 Member
edited April 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Past 1 week I have stop loosing weight instead gaining weight. What am I doing wrong. I also am doing 15 kettlebell work out everyday. Day 21 today. Only lost 1.6 kg so far. Any help appreciated. Need to loose at least 29lbs to meet my goal

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I've just seen another post like this so I'm just copying and pasting what I've already said:

Are you weighing your foods ACCURATELY?
    Are you getting accurate calorie burns? E.g. are you using MFP's suggestions or a HRM?
    Are you actually eating in a deficit?

OP, your thread doesn't really tell us what you have and haven't done. Not the best for information, so I'm going to assume you aren't measuring things accurately and aren't getting accurate calorie burns.

Doesn't matter if you're eating oatmeal for breakfast, salad for lunch and meat for dinner - you need to be in a caloric deficit.

If you're using MFP's suggestions for calorie burns, I suggest you only eat 50% as they are known for over-estimating. If you're using your HRM for calorie burns, then I suggest you eat 50-75% as they aren't full-proof.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    It's been a week. Weight loss is not linear, some weeks you'll lose, some you'll stay the same, some you'll gain.

Everything IsaackGMOON said is true and good advice, but the main problem here is impatience!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Don't use generic entries, they aren't always accurate. You need to use a food scale. I would seriously up my protein, if I were you.
    Finally, it's only been a week and it takes a lot longer than that to lose weight.
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Please don't eat less than 1200 calories. I believe you don't have a food scale. Get one and come back if the same problem happens.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Please don't eat less than 1200 calories. I believe you don't have a food scale. Get one and come back if the same problem happens.

I just checked your diary (OP), you're eating 1,200 calories?

YOU SHOULDN'T BE EATING THAT LOW, ESPECIALLY FOR A MALE
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    It's been a week. Weight loss is not linear, some weeks you'll lose, some you'll stay the same, some you'll gain.

Everything IsaackGMOON said is true and good advice, but the main problem here is impatience!

Correct. You are just getting started--week one is just water weight loss.

First of all, you lose weight, you don't loose it. (I will correct everyone on this point until the entire world knows how to spell the word.) Second, be very diligent about managing your net calories to your goal as set up using the MFP goal-setting tool. By that I mean accurate and precise measurements, logging all consumption and accurate logging of exercise calories. Weight lifting gets no credit for calorie burns since it is too variable to measure. I had success by combining weight training and cardio into my weekly regimen. More cardio, more calories burned, more eating allowed. Tip: leave some calories "on the table" each day to make up for errors in estimates. When I was losing consistently I did experience an occasional lightheaded rush every now and then--it told me I was in deficit. If that happens frequently then you may be over doing it. When you get really hungry the first response should be to drink a glass of water--often the hunger will subside and you can get past the potential stumbling block.

The fact that you are on MFP and asking for help is a great indicator that you will succeed. The message board is a wonderful resource for information and motivation--keep using it. You will stumble and have some defeats, you will also have some nice victories. Take it slow and meter your expectations to small, short-range goals. Soon you will see visible results. Take pictures now to capture the before you, you will be amazed later. Keep going!!