Looking for a kindred spirit

Options
I'm 41, married, a mom to teens, and I work part time outside the home. I'm looking for a female accountability partner that might be in a similar situation so I can offer the same support? I struggle with morning workouts, a sugar addiction, and being a perfectionist. I have lost 100 pounds, but I gained 30 of it back. I've run three marathons but I couldn't run three miles today without throwing up, most likely. I'm just guessing there because I hate throwing up, so I don't want to risk it at the moment.

Running
Weight Lifting
Yoga
Sugar

Dislikes:
Getting out of bed in the morning
Giving up sugar
Shortcuts
Whiners - because I'm a whiney-butt yet I abhor negative talk. (Makes perfect sense, right?)

I'm not interested in wraps or pills, but I do take my vitamins and oils. I'm also a fan of Trish Blackwell and Gretchen Rubin. If you love those ladies, then we are definitely kindred spirits. Major bonus points if you know what fictional character I think of, every time I hear that phrase.

So if you're still reading, any takers?

Replies

• AmeeSandhu
    AmeeSandhu Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I just started an accountability group for making a morning workout habit. Would love for anyone interested to join. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105296-morning-workout-habit
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Just joined! PM'ing you. :)
  • AmeeSandhu
    Options
    Yay!
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Haha, good morning! I don't know if we're kindred spirits or not:) Mom of five getting fit and making no excuses here. Yet treating my body with wisdom and gentleness. I'm getting results and will take this to the "end" which is a "beginning" of another sort. I'd have to google those ladies' names.
    BUT I'm interactive and accountable!
    Serious veggie eater, and "clean" protein eater.
    Staying away from grains and fruits just for now.
    Need to restart yoga habit!
    Lifting, biking, walking.

LOVE to get outta bed in the morning, don't need coffee, I'm totally stoked.
    WORKING FOR IT!
    An encourager/motivator type
    Generally hate sarcasm. But don't get me started on that lol
    I think I already like you! lol
  • shorthand73
    shorthand73 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Good morning! We are SO very similar ~ I would love to team up with you for some accountability and support! "Kindred Spirits" must be a reference to Anne Shirley, right? :smile:
  • lovefridays
    lovefridays Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I am 46, married, mom of two kids - 20 and 22, and work full-time outside the home. I have also lost 100 pounds, but have gained back 50. I am all about kindness and having a positive attitude. I hate to exercise but love how I feel when I do.

I love sugar (especially in the form of chocolate!), weight lifting, and yoga. Running is up there, but I'm not doing it at the moment...focusing on tracking my food first

I hate negativity and focusing on problems instead of solutions.

I tend to be a bit of perfectionist and am quite hard on myself, therefore I am looking for some encouragement (and to provide lots too!) and some friends here on MFP.
    Have a great day,
    Rosemarie
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a 39 year old with 2 young boys. I've only run 1/2 marathons and Obstacle/mud runs. I like sugar and make it fit into my lifestyle.

Running
    Weight Lifting
    Beer

Dislikes:
    Getting out of bed in the morning
    Nuclear war

I do like pills. I have no idea who Trish Blackwell and Gretchen Rubin is. But I'm guessing you are thinking of princess mononoke?
  • AmeeSandhu
    Options
    Good morning! We are SO very similar ~ I would love to team up with you for some accountability and support! "Kindred Spirits" must be a reference to Anne Shirley, right? :smile:

You win the day! Anne with an "E" of course!
  • shorthand73
    shorthand73 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Of course! I see that there is a half/full marathon on PEI in October! :wink: I bet raspberry cordial would be the perfect post-race refreshment! :smile:
  • AmeeSandhu
    Options
    Of course! I see that there is a half/full marathon on PEI in October! :wink: I bet raspberry cordial would be the perfect post-race refreshment! :smile:

Oh my gosh! Wouldn't that be so much fun? !
  • ChrisiEMilio
    ChrisiEMilio Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am also seriously looking for motivation and an accountability partner or ten. Lol. I am a mom of four amazing children ages 14, 11 and my twins just turned one. I also own my own photography business that I am trying to get off the ground. I am looking to get in serious shape. I have massively changed my diet although sugar and carbs are still a big weakness. I have a fit bit and walk everyday but really would like to get in the habit of working out again. I love all things cardio and yoga related and pretty much anything I can do outside. I would love to help motivate and keep others accountable and I would love to have some of that also. Good luck to everyone!!! :)