zkauser77
zkauser77 Posts: 8 Member
Looking for chicken curry recipes easy ones serves 4 days

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    This looks good.
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/aarti-sequeira/chicken-in-creamy-tomato-curry-chicken-tikka-masala-recipe2.html
    Instead of heavy cream I've used yogurt, quark, low fat sour cream, or milk with a few tablespoons of powdered milk added.
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    You will not be sorry if you follow this link to Jamie Oliver's curry pastes page!!!!!! I've been making them for several years and they are as good as restaurant curries. You do not need to make them creamy. I never do. Creamy curries, according to my British husband, are for lightweights!

I make double batches of these and freeze in small containers. They last quite awhile in the fridge too. And the most calorie-dense ingredient in them is the tomato paste. You can make a very low calorie entree with these.

If you like curry, it's worth it to invest a little in the spices. When I can't be bothered to drive downtown to get some of the more obscure ones, I order from a website called Indian Blend.

Jamie Oliver Curry Pastes
    jamieoliver.com/recipes/recipe/easy-homemade-curry-pastes/#15sCsQGQdu0H1Rhs.97
  • talonspiritcat
    talonspiritcat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I make this one a lot...so good. Sub in low-sodium chicken broth (I really must try making my own some time) and a few extra veggies. Definitely make your own curry roux too.

justonecookbook.com/recipes/simple-chicken-curry/
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I'm trying a chicken curry tonight - have never had it before. A friend in Ireland gave me the recipe. I put a bag of boneless/skinless chicken in the crockpot and dumped a jar of Patak's mild curry paste over it with a huge chopped onion. I'm going to cook it 6 hours on Low, then add 2 cups instant brown rice and a bag of frozen peas. If it's too strong I'll add a can of coconut milk to it.
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/11/chicken-curry-with-coconut-milk-43-pts.html

My all time favorite! I use diced chicken breast instead of whole thighs and don't use potato at all.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Insanely simple, completely inauthentic. Mix some curry powder into plain yogurt (regular or Greek style, your preference, for this I use regular), to desired level of spiciness. Dredge chicken pieces to cover thoroughly, place into bake pan. Add dollops of leftover yogurt to cover if desired. Bake (boneless chick breasts at 350-375 for 45 minutes or more until chicken is done). Too plain? Add garnish as desired, and/or add minced garlic or sliced onions. Add sweet potato slices if desired. Use surplus yogurt mix on assorted hearty veggies .... Just ensure they get thoroughly cooked due to the chicken dredging. Sort of the 1950s version of exotic and quick. I have started experimenting with thinning the yogurt mixture to approximate a chicken tikka-type result. This recipe yields a thick baked yogurt coating.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    paleodietbasics.net/potato-stir-fry/
    People really like this one when I make it at work. Not 100% authentic, but very good!

Indian Curry Chicken: (From an Indian Friend)

cut two pounds of chicken, hopefully some with bones

and make a paste of 1/2 cup yogurt, about 2/3 of a bunch of cilantro leaves, a head or garlic, 2 inches of ginger chopped fine

1 green chile

and 1 tsp turmeric

put the chicken in the paste and let it sit 30 min

then in a mixture of a couple tbs olive oil and butter fry the cardimum (maybe 3, maybe five cloves) a bay leaf and 1.5 cups chopped onions then add some garam masala to taste, maybe start with 1 tsp and 2 chopped tomatoes and a little paprika for color and taste

then add the chicken, brown it for a little bit first then cover and a little water and simmer maybe 15 min till done

at the end only add salt and lemon