Lifestyle Change

I am 51. I used to yo-yo diet. Loose some before we go on vacation and within a few months I'm back where I started. Last July I told myself that's it! I'm making a lifestyle change. I am not promoting any diet but I did see one on the local news that made sense. I cut out the sugar (limit to 20 grams), no white bread or pasta and that's it. And of course some cardio on the bike. I am now down a total of 45 lbs. 31 lbs since last July. When I recently seen my doctor for a check up, he said I was in perfect health. If I loose 5 more lbs he said I would be at my correct BMI. My allergies don't even bother me anymore. I am down to a size I haven't seen since I got out of high school and got married. Only problem now is that I'm addicted to my scale, lol. I tend to check my weight at least a couple times a day. You will feel great when you get there. When I get that last 5 lbs I will post a pic.

Replies

• NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    Congratulations! I weigh myself everyday. Do what you want to do and don't let anyone make you feel bad for doing it. Everyone is unique in what works for them. My goal is to reach my appropriate BMI and stay there! Still a ways to go but applaud you....great work!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    I weigh myself daily too. so what. nwa2e0jqsl27.jpg
  • LisaBear1986
    LisaBear1986 Posts: 85 Member
    Urloved33 I love the pic you posted! I relate :)

Great job on the weight loss! I lost 43lbs and maintained from about August 2014 to January 2015 but noticed I gained 10-12lbs back. I'm back at it and working hard. I have lost 8lbs of the weight I gained back. Woohoo! We got this!

P.S. I weigh myself every day too :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!