Low Cal Protein Powder?

Options
2»

Replies

• ungeneric
    ungeneric Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I use IsoPure Zero carb, mentioned by betuel75. I use the flavorless one and I quite like its ability to blend into other foods/drinks without really altering their taste. It is definitely a bit spendy, though.
  • petitehealth
    petitehealth Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I use Quest Protein Powder - Chocolate Flavor. One scoop is 110 calories and 23g of protein. I mix it with unsweetened vanilla almond milk (30 cal per cup). I also add 1/2 a tablespoon of chia seeds for 35 cals (for a lil extra fiber/protein).

Sometimes I just add 1/2 a scoop of the protein power. With the almond milk & chia seeds it's only 120 cals, 15g of protein, and 5g of fiber!
  • spearmintskies
    spearmintskies Posts: 31 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I take protein shakes to work to help stave off hunger and to prevent me from feeling sluggish. I'll mix them in with my smoothies sometimes too. I haven't done much research but the one I've been having is Orgain Creamy Chocolate fudge. Entirely vegan and only 1g of sugar, no soy, dairy, gluten, lactose, GMOs and it's also got 5g of fiber in it as well. 21g of protein and 150 calories per serving. I'll blend it with coffee, banana, spinach, lowfat milk, almond milk, or water and it tastes pretty good.

Though I think after I'm done with the chocolate one I'm gonna switch to the vanilla for flexibility in recipes. The only negative thing I've noticed with this one is it's a bit gritty, which is why I'll blend it with banana or ice.

Better yet, I bought it at Costco for cheap.
  • Tahlia68
    Tahlia68 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I use Tribeca Health Skinny Protein chocolate powder. Only 98calories per 35 gram serve. I add half a banana or blueberries to it! I use it twice a day before and after the gym. Mine's from Australia.