Really Starting to Loose all Motivation after Injury

Options
For the last 3 weeks I have been falling back into my bad habits of always munching on chocolate and other snacks. I am finding it so hard to stay on track and to be under my calories for the day. I was recently injured while training (tae kwon do) and am unable to train; or do any other exercise at that. This is making me become lazy and have no motivation to continue to eat healthily and not just munch all day every day.

How do others out there who are unable to exercise fight the "blob on the couch" feeling?? In desperate need of something to pick my spirits up!

Replies

• 1mama2molly
    1mama2molly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    kamack1215 wrote: »
    For the last 3 weeks I have been falling back into my bad habits of always munching on chocolate and other snacks. I am finding it so hard to stay on track and to be under my calories for the day. I was recently injured while training (tae kwon do) and am unable to train; or do any other exercise at that. This is making me become lazy and have no motivation to continue to eat healthily and not just munch all day every day.

How do others out there who are unable to exercise fight the "blob on the couch" feeling?? In desperate need of something to pick my spirits up!

Depending on where you are injured, try using hand weights to keep your hands n arms busy! Sugar free gum or sugar free candy may help keep your mouth busy. Get a small hand exercise ball (walmart has them), in your spare time, while you heal from your injury, strengthen your hands and fingers. And do chair exercises for legs like lift and flex n point, flex n point repeating several X's. Lift feet onto the ball of your foot n back down. Up n down. I hope this helps you.
  • 1mama2molly
    1mama2molly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    peglbspp wrote: »
    kamack1215 wrote: »

Depending on where you are injured, try using hand weights to keep your hands n arms busy! Sugar free gum or sugar free candy may help keep your mouth busy. Get a small hand exercise ball (walmart has them), in your spare time, while you heal from your injury, strengthen your hands and fingers. And do chair exercises for legs like lift and flex n point, flex n point repeating several X's. Lift feet onto the ball of your foot n back down. Up n down. I hope this helps you.

Also, write stuff you find interesting from MFP blog r community. This may help keep ur mind and hands busy. :)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I would need a project, a goal with steps in between to get there. This course was very helpful:
    http://patienteducation.stanford.edu/programs/cdsmp.html

There's one where you live: https://yourway.novascotia.ca/

Her short talk still inspires me:
    https://www.ted.com/talks/diana_nyad_never_ever_give_up?language=en