Dancer that wants to be in shape again

Options
Hi! I was just wondering if anyone had suggestions on how I could lose some weight because so far nothing has worked for me. I used to be a very slender 106 at 5'4 but since having depression I have gained 34 pounds due to multiple medicines and now rest at 140 and am not 5'6. I am a dancer and dance 25 hours a week and eat very healthy. I would like to slim down a bit to be fitter and stronger but no matter what I do I cannot seem to lose the weight and it really has got me down. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! :)

Replies

• esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Have you tried counting calories? That is what this site is based on. You need to consume less calories than you burn. In order to count calories properly you need to weigh and measure every piece of food you put in your mouth. Exercise is a great compliment as it can help you retain your muscles. It is also a great natural anti-depressant.

Please let us know what you have tried previously or any specifics you are looking for.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I lift weights, swim and do a lot of walking in addition to dance.

What kind of dance are you doing?
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Calories in, Calories out. What dance do you do? I use to dance in college and we definitely never practiced 25 hours a week!