Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Calories vs. Carbs

2»

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Beckyb1108 wrote: »
    I have recently started a low carb diet, and i feel like i am eating too many calories? Are there smarter low carb low cal foods out there or should i just not be so concerned about my calorie count right now?

At this stage with your goals controlling the carbohydrates will probably be sufficient.

Some way down the road you may need to revise the amount you eat, if the weight loss has slowed or stopped.

But typically obese insulin resistant people do well for a good while with the natural hunger suppression of ketosis.

• KaysKidz
    KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
    I am lowish carbs (75) and counting calories (1900 is what I'm allowed, and I'm always under). I can have anything I want, as long as it fits in my numbers. :) In the last 6 days that I've been tracking, I've lost 3lbs. Still water weight at this point, but hey, a loss is a loss. :)