Smoothie problem

hello, I am having problems with making smoothies. It tastes great at first, then after a while (within 10 minutes) it starts to taste really disgusting and gross. I've tried to make green smoothies and I've tried smoothies without greens. I've used different blenders and it's always the same. It gradually becomes nasty after time. After about 20 minutes I can't stomach it at all. I'm not sure what is wrong.

Replies

• prashywavez
    prashywavez Posts: 8 Member
    Initially Even I was facing same issue.... If you keep it for 10 min froth comes up and all liquid sits down down.... Then added yogurt and banana to give nice blend... Now it looks better but some time if I keep it for long time like more 30 min in fridge then I face same issue....
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    hello, I am having problems with making smoothies. It tastes great at first, then after a while (within 10 minutes) it starts to taste really disgusting and gross. I've tried to make green smoothies and I've tried smoothies without greens. I've used different blenders and it's always the same. It gradually becomes nasty after time. After about 20 minutes I can't stomach it at all. I'm not sure what is wrong.
    Wow that's amazing that it takes you so long to drink it. Mine are gone in less than a minute usually (how embarrassing). WEll maybe you need to use more ice? I don't like them less than COLD. Also a higher quality powder that is more "natural" tastes way better to me. I return them if I don't like them.

• royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    If you don't like them, don't make them. Eat whole fruits instead or something you enjoy. Why do you feel like you have to make smoothies?
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    I would see separation if I let a smoothie sit (i.e., made in the morning at home to eat for lunch), I always gave a good shake and it seemed fine (but did need to consume somewhat rapidly to avoid separation again). Mine were usually spinach, berries and banana, occasionally orange sections and a little water. Sometimes protein powder.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    I precut a bunch of fruits and veggies and put batches in baggies in the freezer. I break up the chunks, add two cups of water, a scoop of protein, and 2 tbsp of flax meal and blend in the morning. It's super cold because all of the fruits and veggies were frozen. Maybe try that? I end up with almost half a gallon so it takes a while to drink. If it warmed up, I think it would be gross. Ingredients: Vanilla protein, spinach, romaine (next one will be kale), carrot, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, banana, and apple
  • tretoptreece
    tretoptreece Posts: 425 Member
    Make them with Greek yogurt with high protein and bananas or peanut butter. Add ice. I also add powered greens instead of actually greens because I know I wouldn't be able to drink anything chunky.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Mine don't last long enough to have that problem :/
  • str1ne
    str1ne Posts: 69 Member
    Try freezing them ahead of time and eating them with a spoon.
  • sexzme
    sexzme Posts: 1
    Smoothie shouldn't last for 20min. This should be consumed as soon as possible. I drink mind with in minutes..
  • doughtybe
    doughtybe Posts: 1 Member
    I freeze my fruit and use yogurt instead of ice and water. You get a much thicker consistency like a milkshake and it doesn't get watered down. I can't do a runny watery smoothie. They tend to separate much quicker
  • I'm trying different colored smoothies with prefrozen fruit/veggies. The cold helps. There pretty good.
  • YeeeahBuddy
    YeeeahBuddy Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    I use to make my smoothies with frozen fruit (usually mango), a fresh banana, yogurt and orange juice. I've started replacing the yogurt and orange juice with coconut flavored almond milk and it is Delicious!! Saves about 100 calories too!
  • I can drink a smoothie king smoothie all day and it never turns bitter or gross. I wonder what they are doing differently than I am. I can't drink anything too fast so gulps aren't an option for me. I used strawberries, carrots, pineapples, a little apple juice. I like the idea of smoothies because It's a quick healthy option.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    I drink mine right away. Make it smaller if you have to.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    mistikal13 wrote: »
    Mine don't last long enough to have that problem :/

Same here.
  • PoundChaser2
    PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
    When using Protein powder and Greens your smoothie will seperate, it's the green breaking down. It's recommended to drink them pretty fast or if it's taking you so long to drink them make less or put it in a shaker bottle and shake it up every few minutes as your drinking.

Just a thought!
  • tinamarie670709
    tinamarie670709 Posts: 1 Member
    I have a nutri bullet and use almond milk and mine stays thick for hours.
  • kutedaisy
    kutedaisy Posts: 41 Member
    Drink on empty stomach