Will this be enough?

Options
Hi, I'm 317lbs, 5ft 9.5 and extremely anxious so I'm trying to keep my exercise indoors until I lose weight and feel confident enough to go out for walks and stuff. I get bored very easily so I decided on two activities I can do to get my exercise in and I was hoping you guys can tell me if it will be a complete enough work out until I get fitter. I've been doing 'invisible' jump rope and jumping jacks which utterly flatten me after about 10 minutes continuously. I decided today to try interval between them after buying a rope with removable weights in the handle. My idea was:

60 seconds jump rope
15 seconds rest
60 seconds jumping jacks
repeat until 10 minutes total exercise for each exercise

The idea is I'll attempt it another two times during the day and when I can finally get all 3 done, I'll add in the weights to the rope and maybe ankle and wrist weights. I also plan, when able, to use a step anytime I want to watch tv. I know it sounds overly ambitious for someone my size but I enjoy doing jumping jacks and jump rope and I'm hoping it will work out most of my muscles and maybe help me develop some.

Thanks!

Replies

• cng31183
    cng31183 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Jump rope is hard!! It puts me out of breath faster than anything else... sounds like a good plan to me :smile: