Macros?

Options
how did you come up with your numbers when counting macros? Every website I look at is drastically different

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    For me it was 0.82g/pound of lean body mass for protein, 0.35g/pound of weight for fat and I fill the rest of my calorie goal with either carbs or more protein/fat.
  • pzarnosky
    pzarnosky Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I base mine on my goals and what my body needs and responds well to. I lift 5 days a week and am training for a 25K. Most days my macros are 40% protein, 30% carbs and fat. My long run days I'll usually have more carbs to fuel me for the run. My calorie limit is 1400/day.
  • jangus9416
    jangus9416 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    The amount of calories I'm being recommended is more than what myfitnesspal gives me. I usually eat around 1200-1400, and the macros calculator is saying anywhere from 1560-1632. Should I be eating more? I'm 5'5" and 120 lbs
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    When comparing calorie goals from different calculators you need to remember that MFP is based on NEAT so expects you to eat any additional exercise calories, whereas most others are based on TDEE and already include exercise calories