Allergies and Exercise

Options
I went to the dr today for what I was convinced was strep only to be told I have seasonal allergies. WTF. I feel like I'm dying. Question: do I suck it up and workout or rest? Yesterday was my rest day.

Replies

• cryscaulfld
    cryscaulfld Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm muddling through the same thing right now. I'm not doing my HIIT workouts right now because breathing is already difficult. I'm just doing some walking. That way I'm still burning calories but I'm not over stressing the body. Most experts will say if it is above the neck you can still workout but if it is below the neck to rest.
  • itschanelle
    itschanelle Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm muddling through the same thing right now. I'm not doing my HIIT workouts right now because breathing is already difficult. I'm just doing some walking. That way I'm still burning calories but I'm not over stressing the body. Most experts will say if it is above the neck you can still workout but if it is below the neck to rest.

Good to know! I should have asked the dr but I didn't even think about it until I walked out.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    If it's an allergy to something outside like pollens then you should definitely stay inside to work out. Having other complications like asthma from your allergies would be a sign to take a day off
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I ran on vacation in a different part of the country where spring had sprung with the layer over everything. I will say my run was slower than my normal pace. I took some over the counter stuff and it did help some. Just had to suffer through it the rest of the time. I also did an outdoor boot camp.

Good luck. I love spring but hate the pollen.
  • itschanelle
    Options
    Soo it's definitely not allergies. I now have a fever and muscle aches all over. Ugggghh.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Oh...Did the Dr. give you a strep test or no?
  • itschanelle
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Yeah, it was negative.
  • arditarose
    Options

Yeah, it was negative.

Poo. Tonsillitis?
  • itschanelle
    Options

Yeah, it was negative.

Poo. Tonsillitis?

Honestly it feels like the flu with the muscle aches and congestion and throat. Who knows. I just wish it would have come two days ago before my rest day and with time for it to be over before the weekend. It's my sons birthday and we have family coming into town. Workouts are a must for sanity and motivation for me and I'm feeling super sorry for myself lol.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I feel you. I got sick right before Christmas. Very sedentary week. Eh, your body needs rest. Enjoy your family :)
  • itschanelle
    Options
    I feel you. I got sick right before Christmas. Very sedentary week. Eh, your body needs rest. Enjoy your family :)

Thanks!!