Is it ok if i eat this every morning? Any idea please...

Options

Replies

• PerlitaGordita
    PerlitaGordita Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Depends on your goals. If you want to either lose or gain weight and it fits within your caloric goals than you will be fine but if you're trying to eat more nutritious than I'd rethink the ice cream and waffles or add more nutritionally dense foods. Looks yummy btw!
  • jms14letgo
    jms14letgo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    LOL.. While it looks yummy I would get rid of the ice cream and chocolate sauce and add some protein instead!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I agree it looks yummy... but I probably wouldn't eat it everyday. Variety is the spice of life.
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    jms14letgo wrote: »
    LOL.. While it looks yummy I would get rid of the ice cream and chocolate sauce and add some protein instead!

Why? It's just one meal. If it fits her macros and she's eating micronutrient dense foods, there is no need to "get rid" of anything. I eat two servings of ice cream every night.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Doesn't look very appealing to me, TBH. But IIFYM and objectives, go for it.

Just estimating...300 cal for waffles, 100 cal for banana, 20 cal for strawberries, 100 cal for chocolate syrup, 250 cal for ice cream....

Pushing 800 calories for breakfast. Waaaay out of my league. :smiley:
  • PerlitaGordita
    edited April 2015
    Options
    dieselbyte wrote: »

Why? It's just one meal. If it fits her macros and she's eating micronutrient dense foods, there is no need to "get rid" of anything. I eat two servings of ice cream every night.

Whoops mistakenly replied to you lol
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options

Whoops mistakenly replied to you lol

There are no mistakes lol
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    That's right! The protein is missing! Cut the portions down to about half and that would be lovely.
  • PerlitaGordita
    Options

Whoops mistakenly replied to you lol [/quote]

There are no mistakes lol [/quote]

I'm new to the forums and they're hard to navigate on my phone gah!
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »

Just estimating...300 cal for waffles, 100 cal for banana, 20 cal for strawberries, 100 cal for chocolate syrup, 250 cal for ice cream....

Looks very appealing to me, but yeah if i ate this for breakfast i would be more than half way done with my calories for the day and stuck subbing in protein shakes to get to my protein numbers.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options

Cross over to the dark side of intermittent fasters, where 800 calorie meals are just part of the day-to-day :wink:
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    could be good once in a while, but wouldn't it get boring if you ate it every day? Maybe try some fried chicken instead of the ice cream some days, I hear that's very popular in the south.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    If it fits your goals, sure, why not. It wouldn't be my choice--I'd go for a full breakfast fry if I wanted an 800 calorie breakfast, YUMMY!
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    If you are going to eat that every morning i would suggest you at least eat it right after you hit the gym. that would be the most optimal time IF you want to have that every morning. However depending on your goals if it fits why not. Plenty of times i eat my cupcake right after working out. Gives me my sugar and carbs to replenish .
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,719 Member
    Options

Ice cream has protein.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • jms14letgo
    jms14letgo Posts: 138 Member
    Options

I personally couldn't start the day off with that much sugar in my system. I need protein or I'll end up sick. If the OP can eat that for breakfast and not end up sick then more power to them. :)
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    could be good once in a while, but wouldn't it get boring if you ate it every day? Maybe try some fried chicken instead of the ice cream some days, I hear that's very popular in the south.

And for GOOD reason! When done right, it's so, SO good.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »

Cross over to the dark side of intermittent fasters, where 800 calorie meals are just part of the day-to-day :wink:

I *am* an IFer. :smile: 800 calories for a meal is fine - just not for breakfast, which I don't eat.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I'd probably be hungry again about 1-2 hours after eating that. Needs more protein.